Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RX100 Gimbal for Inspire

I'd love to see the RX100 on the Inspire. $2k is pretty steep though and I'm not thrilled about the way it works. Ultimately, if the gimbal is perfectly balanced and smooth (no horizon issues or micro-bouncing), it would be worthwhile.

Ummm....no, not for me.
No aperture control from the ground. The extensions on the legs are rediculously long to accommodate the Inspire in landing mode. The added remote in such close proximity is a interference problem waiting to happen and on top of all of that does it REALLY weigh 2kg (with or without RX100 - it doesn't specify)?
Either way (or weigh ;)) you will see some seriously reduced flight times.

The gimbal is a hodgepodge. No question. Not very interesting. But the RX100-IV is an exceptional camera. It would be great if the X5 were as good but at 60mbps and comparing sample videos, I'm not counting on it.

Reactions: skylabimaging
I bought this company's product that let me use a GoPro on my Phantom 2 Vision+. It did work, but not very well. The video feed had horrible lines, and the H3-3D gimbal was never able to stabilize the GoPro well enough.

A few days after I gave up on it, DJI announced the Inspire 1, and I said, "ah, that's what I wanted all along!"

Reactions: kcobello
The gimbal is a hodgepodge. No question. Not very interesting. But the RX100-IV is an exceptional camera. It would be great if the X5 were as good but at 60mbps and comparing sample videos, I'm not counting on it.

I agree...but it's a good start in the right direction. I'm sure a lot of work went into reverse engineering the pin layout

I was excited to see this and agree with skylabimaging this is a start in the right direction. .
Im not sure how many they will sell because this gimbal is way over priced. ..
even at 1000 bucks it would be boarder line too much money for what it is depending on its over all quality and performance ..
Seems to me dji would benefit from making optional gimbals for different applications especially given the price..
just more doe for them and the more versatile their products are the more they will sell..
as much as I want a camera with a zoom I can't justify 2000 bucks plus a camera ...

Reactions: slim.slamma
Its available for preorder!

Half the price would probably be a consideration. But this fantasy price is rediculous for that I can almost order the X5 and dont have to think about weight, probably even less flighttime then X5, tuned systems and all the other problems which may occure.

The Rx100 alos has no 4K (or records only 5 min and is down then for a while).

Half the price would probably be a consideration. But this fantasy price is rediculous for that I can almost order the X5 and dont have to think about weight, probably even less flighttime then X5, tuned systems and all the other problems which may occure.

The Rx100 alos has no 4K (or records only 5 min and is down then for a while).
The rx100 weighs approximately a half pound and I'm assuming the gimbal weighs half that..
that being said I haul around a 3/4 lb strobe light and it doesn't effect my flight times much...maybe a couple minutes. ..
if you need more flight time add a couple batteries to the mix...
who needs a 4k camera when we have the x3..
it's all about the zoom...lol...

The rx100 weighs approximately a half pound and I'm assuming the gimbal weighs half that..
that being said I haul around a 3/4 lb strobe light and it doesn't effect my flight times much...maybe a couple minutes. ..
if you need more flight time add a couple batteries to the mix...
who needs a 4k camera when we have the x3..
it's all about the zoom...lol...

The zoom of the RX100 is so poor from the air it will help even less. And a 4K camera with acceptable chip 1" + 100 Mbps IS missing as the X3 uses the smallest chip available which was 2010 standard for compact cameras.

That blows ...
what would you recommend for a camera with a zoom??
The zoom of the RX100 is so poor from the air it will help even less. And a 4K camera with acceptable chip 1" + 100 Mbps IS missing as the X3 uses the smallest chip available which was 2010 standard for compact cameras.

the rx100 only has a 3.6x optical which is pretty bad...so when you zoom most of it will come from digital which makes it a poor zoom choice.

The rx10mk2 would probably be okay...not gonna get that on an inspire though, if you want to zoom, you really just need to build your own ship and get a proper gimbal to support the weight at least until something comes a long for the x5

Reactions: turbodronepilot
I wish I could get my hands on one of these..
I don't see what's the big deal to make one..Screenshot_2015-09-10-18-45-27.png

the rx100 only has a 3.6x optical which is pretty bad...so when you zoom most of it will come from digital which makes it a poor zoom choice.

The rx10mk2 would probably be okay...not gonna get that on an inspire though, if you want to zoom, you really just need to build your own ship and get a proper gimbal to support the weight at least until something comes a long for the x5

I'm pretty sure you could build a custom that would be zoom friendly and everything else you'd need for what they are asking for not only that camera but their aircraft as well
Yes ,but the inspire1 is a sexy beast...
maybe I'll hit the lottery and then I could afford a eryon labs drone..
they are definitely in a class of their own...
the chopper they offer for 120 k has a three mile zoom and a bunch of servalence capabilities. .
awesome. ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds