Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

RX100 Gimbal for Inspire

Yes ,but the inspire1 is a sexy beast...
maybe I'll hit the lottery and then I could afford a eryon labs drone..
they are definitely in a class of their own...
the chopper they offer for 120 k has a three mile zoom and a bunch of servalence capabilities. .
awesome. ...

Yeah it's definitely for military ops...which is why they can charge so much...

Reactions: turbodronepilot
While not a lot, I think the RX100IV has just the right amount of zoom for drone use. You can only apply so much before yaw jitters, micro bounces or rolling shutter ruin your shot.

And it's true the RX100IV is limited to 5 minutes of 4K but with remote shutter control that shouldn't be an issue. The quality from the camera is really exceptional. It's up there with the GH4.

While not a lot, I think the RX100IV has just the right amount of zoom for drone use. You can only apply so much before yaw jitters, micro bounces or rolling shutter ruin your shot.

And it's true the RX100IV is limited to 5 minutes of 4K but with remote shutter control that shouldn't be an issue. The quality from the camera is really exceptional. It's up there with the GH4.
That's great. ...
11.1 zoom....

The RX100 IV is even the worst misconstruction of the series. It has even LESS zoom then the I+II and the 4K 5min limit matters because you cannot just start a new video after this 5 minutes no it must cool down first :confused:. I have a RX 100 II and when I compare it with the X3 video the 4K is so much better - even on 1080p watching equipment that I would rather use the handheld gimbal it gets ver available then the RX 100 anymore. The RX100 though is better for pictures the X3 makes crap pictures because of its too small sensor. But I almost only make videos.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
and the 4K 5min limit matters because you cannot just start a new video after this 5 minutes no it must cool down first :confused:
But given you can start and stop in flight and there often is no reason to record for 5 minutes straight you can record what you need for a min or 2, stop, prepare for the next shot during which it will cool down, etc.

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

With
But given you can start and stop in flight and there often is no reason to record for 5 minutes straight you can record what you need for a min or 2, stop, prepare for the next shot during which it will cool down, etc.

If you really think thats acceptable with a 13-15min flighttime. For me its not.

I rarely record more than 5min on a 15min flight. On a shoot I also rarely fly 15min straight without landing.

As usual it's to be put in perspective. What's the next thing that allows you to zoom in flight? How much does it cost? What are its limitations? Once you've looked at that, you'll easily work out that if you really need that zoom capability having to work with the overheating might still be quite interesting. It's not perfect, but it's a workable way to do one thing.

Envoyé de mon SM-G920F en utilisant Tapatalk

The RX100 IV is even the worst misconstruction of the series. It has even LESS zoom then the I+II and the 4K 5min limit matters because you cannot just start a new video after this 5 minutes no it must cool down first :confused:. I have a RX 100 II and when I compare it with the X3 video the 4K is so much better - even on 1080p watching equipment that I would rather use the handheld gimbal it gets ver available then the RX 100 anymore. The RX100 though is better for pictures the X3 makes crap pictures because of its too small sensor. But I almost only make videos.

I guess it's a matter of different priorities. I was sold on the RX100IV as soon as I saw the quality of the 4K coming out of a point and shoot camera!

And mine will shoot another 5 minutes right away. No waiting.

EDIT: I'm sounding like a fanboy. I'll shut up now!

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pavitrakher1