Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Safe Battery Storage - Lipo Bags

Reaction score
I may have missed a thread somewhere, but I am looking to try and safely store my Inspire TB47s and TB48s. I am looking for something that they fit in well and works. I have read some bad things about using ammo boxes, but anything is better than nothing i suppose. What I would like to know is has anyone for a really good, safe product for storing the batteries, and what is it?
Cheers in advance!

I may have missed a thread somewhere, but I am looking to try and safely store my Inspire TB47s and TB48s. I am looking for something that they fit in well and works. I have read some bad things about using ammo boxes, but anything is better than nothing i suppose. What I would like to know is has anyone for a really good, safe product for storing the batteries, and what is it?
Cheers in advance!
Hello Wingers, I store my Lipo batteries at about 35% charge in a crisper box in the fridge. Cannot get much better fireproof than that! I store each battery in it's own zip lock bag, never put two batteries in the same bag. Been doing this for years with no problems. Just make sure that when you expect to use the battery be sure and let is set out til it gets room temp before you fully charge it and install it in your quad. Cheers!!

Lamar, wow....thanks, never thought storing in a fridge was going to be an option! good idea though, not sure what my wife would say!
I had been thinking more along the lines whatever i was using to be portable though...so any ideas on that front would be appreciated too.

I just keep mine in my case with the bird. (Kept in the house, never left in the car)
I typically fly every 2 or 3 days so I keep them charged up and ready to go.
If they sit longer than 10 days the self discharge will kick in. Just need to recharge them before flying.
If I were planning to store them longer than a week or so, I would discharge them to 50%. (But check in n them every week or so to keep them from going completely dead.) Plenty of threads on forums about the detriments of that.

Reactions: james tulloch
Here is a good reference for Li-Po battery storage: BU-702: How to Store Batteries – Battery University

I store my batt's at 40% - or 3.8v. If the storage will be prolonged (6 months) I store them individually in zip-lok bags in the fridge. Before use, I'll take them out of the fridge and let them acclimate to ambient temperature while still in the zip-lok to prevent condensation on the batteries themselves. FWIW I've stored Li-Po batteries for as long as a year and have had no apparent degradation.

Reactions: rapakiri

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomasovinido