Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Safe to buy an inspire?

Reaction score
I have had a P2 h3/3D for about 2 years now. The quad has been awesome and never had a single issue in over 500 maybe 600 flights. I want 4K video and I have the tools to view and edit them as well. I have been lurking around the phantom and inspire forums for a while now. I have decided to go with the inspire but I'm hesitant to purchase because I feel the inspire has been out for a while now and I feel like they're going to come out with an inspire 2 and the price is going to drop on the current inspire like the phantom 3 dropped. What are your thoughts and opinions on buying now? Thank you all in advance.

P.S where should I purchase from?

there is a lost of p4 owner that wished they never sold there p3p, longer ranges and batt life, I feel FAA is trying to push the LOS rule on dji, so hope the i2 don't come out with short range an lots of restriction,B&H inspire 1 &2400, tb47 $115 can get u a nice bird and plenty of fly time under 3000
Ps: P4 range issues read @ p4 forum own a p2v+( still rocking solid) plus the I1

Yes I've been reading the p4 forums. It's a shame really. I was looking at b&h and the inspire 1 is 2459 and the inspire 1 v2.0 is 2859. What's the change in version 2 and is it worth it?

if all u want is 4K and movility the p3p is a big step from p2, my I1 is more like the weekend warrior, filming bike rides Tri sports mapping, but on a weekdays wanna film sunset after work or some quick flying that where the phantom series is great,
remember on technology what u buy now, is obsolete in a few days, next bird is already cooking,

Yeah I have already been reading up on them here at work this morning. Im just wondering if its going to need an update right out of the box or what? Also excited they added the zoom as well.

Yeah I have already been reading up on them here at work this morning. Im just wondering if its going to need an update right out of the box or what? Also excited they added the zoom as well.

Personally, I would simply do a compass calibration, take it out after dotting all i's & crossing your t's in manual. If you have no further concerns and the model operates to your liking, leave well enough alone, and hold off on doing anything that may compromise what you have experienced. Many who have felt compelled to update the firmware have not been entirely happy, as sometimes there are trade offs when updating. Just some food for thought! Enjoy, and fly safely and responsibly. : )

I must be wrong then. I thought you couldnt take off unless the RC and inspire were up to date with firmware.?

I have found that you can not start the motors before first registering your aircraft with DJI via the Go App.
You should be able to fly with the F/W already installed, and again, IMO it may be the lesser of the two evils. You can always upgrade at any time, but may not be completely satisfied with the end result.
Food for thought!

Last edited:
Reactions: marg2
I agree with Skynet mine is still running on .40 next update was for battery bin cold weathers we are close to summer here and ladt is camera upgrade so for me non are a plus at the moment

Can you explain the primary differences between them?

If i sent in my inspire 1 v1 for service could they upgrade it?
V2.0 has the more powerful motors and the gimbal that accepts the X3 and the X5

Well 3 hours and I'm guaranteed to have my inspire. The problem with that is I stayed up way to late last night reading and watching videos and now I just got to work. Not off until 6pm tonight and the weather is bad and appears to be bad the whole weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg