Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Safety suggestion to DJI

Reaction score
As drones become more popular, it is inevitable that accidents will happen. I recently managed to reverse my Inspire 1 into a tree and mashed the propellers as well as severering a smallish branch of the tree. Had that branch instead been a child it could have had dire consequences for all. My suggestion for added safety is that you add an emergency stop feature eg press both buttons simultaneously. When the Inspire is less than 2 meters above ground this should cut the power to the rotors immediately, not after 3 seconds as with the normal procedure.

Such a feature would also enhace the marketability of the Inspire 1 in the same way as Volvo sell cars based on safety.

Legislation is as usual way behind technology and the danger is that unless the industry takes a responsible attitude to how its products are used, it will become the target for both legislators and ambulance chasing lawyers, to the detriment of all serious droners.

Had you read the manual you'd know it's already there... just do a CSC.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thank you for making that point and yes I have read and re-read the manual and am well aquainted with the CRC motion. You will however notice that the same motion is used to start the motors and so the action to safely and quickly stop the motors is not certain. Also the CRC doesnt stop the motors instantantly which is the point I am making.

That irresponsible people will fly irresponsibly is taken for granted which is why DJI should make sure their product is as safe as can be, something it is not today and leaves them wide open for legal action in some countries eg the USA.

I think this is a case of if you had read the manual thoroughly then you would not be making these statements. CSC has been the preferred stick combination DJI have utilized since they started producing multirotor aircraft and control systems.
It has always been there to start AND stop the motors and the manual for the Inspire clearly states this.
In fact, DJI have been more proactive in having a 'kill motors' command than a lot of manufacturers and for that they should be applauded.

Reactions: PB30X and Airwolf13
I may be out of line but I feel stuff like this is always coming up. Some one crashes or makes a Pilot Error and they blame the Machine and say it should be made safer or things should be changed. I find the I1 to be amazingly safe but with that being said when you don't know what you are doing Or don't have a lot of flight time the safest things won't be safe Volvo might be a safe car but if you can't drive it won't matter how safe that car is. So my point is be smart know your surrounding and fly safe bc the quad is going to do what you tell it to do.

Personally (and certainly just IMHO) I think if someone is just starting out with quads/drones then the Inspire would be a bad choice(but i see a lot of people here are just starting out and using the Inspire). It's like starting to learn to drive in a sports car, you will have some expensive mistakes.

I started out with a Phantom 1, I was an idiot and just got it and read a few pages of the manual and decided "I can fly this thing no probs". Very first flight that wasn't in my back yard and i crashed it fairly spectacularly(I hadn't properly calibrated anything, as i said, an idiot). All that cost me was some cuts from thorny bushes trying to retrieve it as the Phantom is small enough and rugged, if that was a Inspire it would have been a very expensive lesson.

So now I read manuals, watch videos, learn as much as possible about the workings of these crafts before I even think about taking off.

For those interested, below is the flight I'm talking about.

well the I1 is my first ....i read alot waiting for it to arrive....and watched a lot of vids
i though the opposite...it was to easy to fly.
now with 52 flights all is well....only one mishap and it was on a windy day ....no damage done....just a little embarrassed
opperator error. this is an awesome unit
i wouldn't trade it for any other quad at this time.

I'm a first timer too. I received mine on February 4th and have not flown it yet. I've read the manual, (and actually need to read it again), follow three forums, compare peoples checklists, follow the FW updates for what they fix and what they break, and put time in on the app simulator. I'd love to fly the Inspire, but not until I think I'm ready for it. Although I could afford the Inspire, I couldn't justify buying a second one due to a stupid mistake on my part. So, I comfortably wait and soak up knowledge until I'm convinced I'm ready. I respect the Inspire is a complicated machine that needs to be understood in order to fly safely and efficiently.

Reactions: sirnikolas
I'm a first timer too. I received mine on February 4th and have not flown it yet. I've read the manual, (and actually need to read it again), follow three forums, compare peoples checklists, follow the FW updates for what they fix and what they break, and put time in on the app simulator. I'd love to fly the Inspire, but not until I think I'm ready for it. Although I could afford the Inspire, I couldn't justify buying a second one due to a stupid mistake on my part. So, I comfortably wait and soak up knowledge until I'm convinced I'm ready. I respect the Inspire is a complicated machine that needs to be understood in order to fly safely and efficiently.

If you have a open field around your house I would say learn there put it on beginner mode and just fly. learn hands on this will be the best way to get to know how the craft moves reading and and what not is good but I say go hands on start slow and you will be fine

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaricruzRa