Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Samples Straight From The X5

can anyone tell me flight time for the pro and the upgraded Inspire 1 with the X5 and "standard motors? really interested how much time the 526g do.

Nothing is published officially and anyone who has one is bound by NDA because it's a pre-production copy.

However, DJI employees have commented in several venues that 10-13min on a TB48 is expected.

Nothing is published officially and anyone who has one is bound by NDA because it's a pre-production copy.

However, DJI employees have commented in several venues that 10-13min on a TB48 is expected.

wow, that is somewhat going down in flight time. how does one get a pre-production copy? who´s relative to you have to be :p
I wonder how much flight time it will have with our motors and not the "pro" .
anyway, thank you for the info.
m

wow, that is somewhat going down in flight time. how does one get a pre-production copy? who´s relative to you have to be :p
I wonder how much flight time it will have with our motors and not the "pro" .
anyway, thank you for the info.
m

You can get a battery mod here like I did to add flight time:

In the USA (Run by Tom Parker, he's great): Midwest Horizon FPV Antennas

In the UK: Horizon FPV Antennas

See this thread for more on this: 25:07 Flight Time | DJI Inspire Forum

You can get a battery mod here like I did to add flight time:

In the USA (Run by Tom Parker, he's great): Midwest Horizon FPV Antennas

In the UK: Horizon FPV Antennas

See this thread for more on this: 25:07 Flight Time | DJI Inspire Forum

looks promising. how much flight time do you have with the added weight and the plus in energy in comparison?
but thank you again for the info and the links. I will be looking into it when time comes and wants me to have more flight time.

cheers.

Reactions: damoncooper
Question regarding the Inspire 1 Pro Firmware. I presume if we bolt an X5 onto the Inspire 1, it becomes a Inspire 1 Pro since what I've been told by a number of sources at DJI that it's the same aircraft and only the camera, gimbal and mount are different.

That being said I would then presume we will need to download and install the Inspire 1 Pro firmware onto our aircraft correct? Makes sense since it won't know what the X5 is.

Has anyone with a pre-production X5 done this with their Inspire 1's? Or have all the Pre-Prod's been with a complete Inspire 1 Pro system?

Not asking for any inside scoop or anything, just some insight on what to expect when I finally get my new X5 that is on order.

Thanks

Question regarding the Inspire 1 Pro Firmware. I presume if we bolt an X5 onto the Inspire 1, it becomes a Inspire 1 Pro since what I've been told by a number of sources at DJI that it's the same aircraft and only the camera, gimbal and mount are different.

That being said I would then presume we will need to download and install the Inspire 1 Pro firmware onto our aircraft correct? Makes sense since it won't know what the X5 is.

Has anyone with a pre-production X5 done this with their Inspire 1's? Or have all the Pre-Prod's been with a complete Inspire 1 Pro system?

Not asking for any inside scoop or anything, just some insight on what to expect when I finally get my new X5 that is on order.

Thanks
The firmware is the same (or will be very shortly).
The FW will sense whether an X3 or X5 is connected and display the appropriate options.
The firmware package will be identical.

looks promising. how much flight time do you have with the added weight and the plus in energy in comparison?
but thank you again for the info and the links. I will be looking into it when time comes and wants me to have more flight time.

cheers.

This first test added 400g and went 25:07.

This first test added 400g and went 25:07.

now that is a SH*T load of time. yeah. definitely will be looking into it. is there a way to do this by yourself? I live in Hungary and sending it over to the UK and waiting for it to come back and having the shipping costs is not really cheap. I am not a two left handed and also have micro technical personnel around me who can / could do the job. just would need to know at which point to solder the wires to.
any ideas / hints?

EDIT: I am not trying to take away someone's bread here. I just think it can't be that difficult to do. I will not start a business with it.

now that is a SH*T load of time. yeah. definitely will be looking into it. is there a way to do this by yourself? I live in Hungary and sending it over to the UK and waiting for it to come back and having the shipping costs is not really cheap. I am not a two left handed and also have micro technical personnel around me who can / could do the job. just would need to know at which point to solder the wires to.
any ideas / hints?

EDIT: I am not trying to take away someone's bread here. I just think it can't be that difficult to do. I will not start a business with it.

Understood. I want to respect horizons work and innovation here as I believe I was one of if not the first customer in the US they had with this particular modification.

Tom Parker is also a friend and I like to help but I don't think it's appropriate for me to post their solution inside the battery without their permission.

My suggestion would be to contact Horizon in the UK and let them know your situation. They may have local installers certified to do this modification near you or come up with some other creative solution.

Just posted a new video with side by side comparisons of raw X5, X3, Pansonic GH4 footage. Enjoy!
Thanks for sharing.

Beside the new props and mounts for them, are the motors the same? I just purchased an Inspire 1 a couple weeks before they announced the new Inspire 1 Pro and wanted to make sure that I have the same aircraft since I can return it and exchange it for the Inspire 1 Pro instead. Otherwise if all is the same, I'll just upgrade the props and mounts when they become available.

The firmware is the same (or will be very shortly).
The FW will sense whether an X3 or X5 is connected and display the appropriate options.
The firmware package will be identical.

So, my Inspire 1 Pro arrived on Monday, along with some extra TB48's I ordered. It flies great on my existing batteries, but the new ones need to be updated, no big deal. But I follow all the instructions to a tee, as I've done many times before, and no luck. Does the new FW not recognize 1.3 batteries? I'm sure it's user error, any idea how to get these batteries updated...thanks.

So, my Inspire 1 Pro arrived on Monday, along with some extra TB48's I ordered. It flies great on my existing batteries, but the new ones need to be updated, no big deal. But I follow all the instructions to a tee, as I've done many times before, and no luck. Does the new FW not recognize 1.3 batteries? I'm sure it's user error, any idea how to get these batteries updated...thanks.

Hi Bobby, the batteries automatically update when you're updating the aircraft.

Thanks for the quick reply...So, I take it my pro has the latest FW, my controller and TB47 too. So I download the 1.4 bin file, put it in the x5, turn it on and nothing...tried 6 times now. Is it happening through the app now? Maybe I've got a bad battery.

Thanks for the quick reply...So, I take it my pro has the latest FW, my controller and TB47 too. So I download the 1.4 bin file, put it in the x5, turn it on and nothing...tried 6 times now. Is it happening through the app now? Maybe I've got a bad battery.

You need to use the X5 download page to get FW v1.0.0.30. Load that into the Pro. The regular Inspire 1 FW is not the one you want. Wish DJI would clarify this.

You need to use the X5 download page to get FW v1.0.0.30. Load that into the Pro. The regular Inspire 1 FW is not the one you want. Wish DJI would clarify this.
Thanks Quadpilot, I'll try it now...I was hoping I wasn't nuts, about this anyway :-}>

Thanks Quadpilot, I'll try it now...I was hoping I wasn't nuts, about this anyway :-}>

Welcome. This is what you should see on the about page after update:IMG_0063.PNG

Edit: Your batteries might already be updated, especially if they are new. Check the text file on the card after inserting the TB 48.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela