Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Samsung Galaxy Tab A vs iPad

Reaction score
I'm looking at buying a Samsung Tab A to be used by the camera op and slave controller. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with these devices? I fly the Inspire 2 with an iPad mini so there would be a cross of apple and android devices being used at the same time if that could also be a problem?

I'm looking at buying a Samsung Tab A to be used by the camera op and slave controller. Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with these devices? I fly the Inspire 2 with an iPad mini so there would be a cross of apple and android devices being used at the same time if that could also be a problem?
no experience with the TAB but we always run iPad's and Android (Galaxy Alpha, S7 and Shield) at the same time, never a problem, no matter what is master or slave.

I got two Samsungs. Wanna buy them? Should tell you what I think of them - and you can't have my Air 2 + Cellular iPad.

If you don't mind green bars in the video feed, lags, re-boots, app crashes, then go with Samsung or Android and make sure it is rooted and clean of background running apps that will thwart GO 4.

Fwiw, Apple is coming out with a new iPad Pro 9.7" Friday which is cheaper and about the same specs as the iPad Air 2 but with a better processor. Go figger.

I had a Tab A that I dedicated to my Phantom 3 Pro last year and experienced the green bars, latency, etc and when I bought my Phantom 4 last September I gave my P3P to my youngest (43) son

The above was sent before I was finished. I bought a new Nvidia Shield K1 that I dedicated for my P4 and when I bought an Inspire 1V2 I bought another K1 that is dedicated to my Inspire. I've used my K1 long enough now to stay with my K1 and I don't miss the Tab A. Good luck!

IPad runs Autopilot.... One very good reason
Indeed, and not for long Litchi only ran on Android, which was also a good reason. But now that runs on IOS too. However, having both Android and IOS versions of Go gives an extra form of 'redundancy'. If one of them is screwed up with a last minute sneaky update for instance. Normally the other is still ok. By the time the other versions update is released the problems are (hopefully) addressed.

Reactions: Thatius Dudeson
Indeed, and not for long Litchi only ran on Android, which was also a good reason. But now that runs on IOS too. However, having both Android and IOS versions of Go gives an extra form of 'redundancy'. If one of them is screwed up with a last minute sneaky update for instance. Normally the other is still ok. By the time the other versions update is released the problems are (hopefully) addressed.
This is what I did, shield and iPad pro 9.7.

I got two Samsungs. Wanna buy them? Should tell you what I think of them - and you can't have my Air 2 + Cellular iPad.

If you don't mind green bars in the video feed, lags, re-boots, app crashes, then go with Samsung or Android and make sure it is rooted and clean of background running apps that will thwart GO 4.

Fwiw, Apple is coming out with a new iPad Pro 9.7" Friday which is cheaper and about the same specs as the iPad Air 2 but with a better processor. Go figger.
Friday!? I got mine two days ago on amazon...

Also, the new go4 app pretty much requires you to have the new processor.

DJI obviously put features of the other apps in their app, then broke the firmware so you have to use their app only, also, a recent deal with apple seems to have set them on an antitrust path to screwing their customers.

Where's that firmware update that was supposed to come in 5 days? Shouldn't take this long if the beta firmware didn't have the same issues, but the release did.

Reactions: jmkreege
Friday!? I got mine two days ago on amazon...

Also, the new go4 app pretty much requires you to have the new processor.

DJI obviously put features of the other apps in their app, then broke the firmware so you have to use their app only, also, a recent deal with apple seems to have set them on an antitrust path to screwing their customers.

Where's that firmware update that was supposed to come in 5 days? Shouldn't take this long if the beta firmware didn't have the same issues, but the release did.

"DJI obviously put features of the other apps in their app, then broke the firmware so you have to use their app only, also, a recent deal with apple seems to have set them on an antitrust path to screwing their customers.

Where's that firmware update that was supposed to come in 5 days? Shouldn't take this long if the beta firmware didn't have the same issues, but the release did."

Could you be less cryptic and explain, or at least post a link...please?

I know this is an old thread, but I just want to give my insight too about my experience in using the Samsung Galaxy Tab. Like most people here, yes, I also use the Galaxy Tab A but so far, It runs smoothly. No problem was encountered.
Thanks for your reply. I found a nice deal on a TAB A setup and was wondering how well it works for camera operation. I'll be using it on an inspire 1v2 also

I use the Tab A and it works great, other than the fact that the screen is not very bright. I use an external monitor most of the time anyway, so it's no big deal. As far as functionality though, it works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions