Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Satellite Positioning Off error

Reaction score
Gear : Inspire 1 Pro with latest firmware, iPhone 6 on Pilot, iPad Air 2 on Camera Operator

Updated to the latest firmware - Inspire 1 Pro Firmware v1.8.1.00 and here are some feedbacks:

1) As attached, I got this error, Stelitte Positioning Off, fly with caution error. Twice out of 4 flights this error came up before take off. Satellites was at 12 + . Anyone else getting this error on an i1 Pro?

2) Video Signal quality was low on both controllers (Pilot and Camera Operator) and RTH kicked in at less than 100m away from us

3) Automatic landing skids didn't open when hovering less than 1m from the ground. 3rd out of 4th flight

4) On my last flight, single operator, iPhone 6 was stuttering and 'Low Signal Quality' error. Wasted airtime hovering doing nothing figuring out what was wrong with the setup. Had to land at 50%, swap devices to an iPad Air 2 and continue flying.

Anyone else getting these errors on the new firmware? Thanks

Had 1) "Satelite positioning off" and 3) "'Low Signal Quality" a number of times (no RTH though). Also had a "motor obstruction" error during flight (free in the air at ~30 mtrs) that almost made me sh.t my pants: landed immediately and checked temp of the motors etc. and nothing noticed.... Emptied 4 batteries after that and all flights were OK. Have the feeling that the latest firmware or GO-app update (or a combination of both) didn't do any good since I did not have these kind of messages before?: it's annoying and makes me insecure, especially since I have only around 25 hours in the air and still have to learn a lot!

Reactions: zoltanh
Had 1) "Satelite positioning off" and 3) "'Low Signal Quality" a number of times (no RTH though). Also had a "motor obstruction" error during flight (free in the air at ~30 mtrs) that almost made me sh.t my pants: landed immediately and checked temp of the motors etc. and nothing noticed.... Emptied 4 batteries after that and all flights were OK. Have the feeling that the latest firmware or GO-app update (or a combination of both) didn't do any good since I did not have these kind of messages before?: it's annoying and makes me insecure, especially since I have only around 25 hours in the air and still have to learn a lot!
Glad everything was OK. I shat in my pants when it RTH on my first flight.

No worries. I also get 'BATTERY ERROR!' for a few seconds (when flying over water!) and I crap myself... but never had my Inspire act up physically at all yet. I guess it's app bugs...
Check your battery history for any logged errors - you may have a weak cell or they are not tracking within 200-300millivolts of each other

Reactions: Caleb and DamesNY
Thanks for the advice, is the battery history in the Go App or somewhere else? I have only had this error twice, both in the same geographical area too.
In the Go app on the battery page. Hit History and you can scroll down and see any logged errors. Also keep an eye on your individual cell voltages whilst flying.

Reactions: russkn87

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry