Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

SD Card formatting issue

Reaction score
Hi,

I purchased a new Inspire 1 from Drones Etc, and got it as a kit with a 64GB card and 2 remotes, etc. Anyhow, the 16GB card worked fine, but I can't get the DJI to recognize the 64GB card that drones etc included as part of a kit. I tried formatting in the app, it just tells me it's an invalid sd card. I tried on a mac and on a pc, and that doesn't work either. So they shipped me a new one, and I'm getting the same issues there. The SD card they shipped does't appear to have a brand listed.

I went out in town and purchased several SD cards that are name brand and specifically state they are for 4K video. Those worked perfectly, as does the 16GB card from DJI. But for the life of me, I can't get the ones from drones etc to work.

Any ideas? I've sent them an email, but they've been pretty slow to respond to past messages, so I thought I'd try here while I await their response.

thanks

What kind of memory card is it? Post a photo if you're not sure.

Here is a photo. The one on the right is what they sent with the kit that will not format. They've sent two of these, with the same results. The one in the middle is the standard DJI included 16GB which works fine. And the one on the left is a 64GB that I've purchased out in town, several of which and they all work fine. So it's just the ones I got from drones etc that don't work, and those are on the right side of the photo.

Attachments

• IMG_4479.JPG
    IMG_4479.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 22
not all cards are created equal and their names are misleading, get the one with the best transfer speeds you can find and beware that some will have fast read but slow write speed, or vice versa. You need speed if you want to use 4k, i have a samsung pro 64gb card that works great.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide