Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Section 333 Exemption Progress Question

OK, checked the Granted Site posted above (thanks SanCap!) and it shows that my 333 was granted last week, making the whole process about 5 months. I should receive it in the mail next week.

Kcobello,

No, much better than that. 5 months from when they sent email saying they received it. It took about 2 1/2 months to get to the comment board and then was listed on the comment period about 2 1/2 months. Possibly, this went on a bit longer because it went through the holiday season.

Best of Luck with yours.

Reactions: kcobello
Just came across this thread. Anyone have any recent times to post that it took for exemption granted approval process? I submitted on Nov 19th, 2015 and it was posted to website in Feb and still waiting to hear.

It's been a while since I've been to this forum but I submitted 3/23/16, comment start date was 4/7/16. seems quick compared to what others have experienced here. Disposition is still till pending though...

Submitted it on October 9th, posted on Dec. 19th 2015, still waiting....

Not sure if it is true, but this article says:

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/faa-approves-5000-section-333-exemption-petition-grants-gowdy-brothers-aerospace-consults-on-next-steps-300259184.html

SHAKOPEE, Minn., April 28, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- FAA Airman and Airspace Rules Division (Federal Aviation Administration) announces 5,076 approved Section 333 petition grants. The FAA further clarified there were another 7,000 petitions waiting to be approved as of April 20th at the FAA UAS symposium hosted by Embry-Riddle University.

Also, the Petitions Granted count went from

4/29/2016: 5,162
to
5/9/2016: 5,188

(https://www.faa.gov/uas/legislative_programs/section_333/)

Which means 26 new approvals in 10 days. You do the math. Before 4/29/2016 it was faster.

Ours posted on January 13th, 2016 and still has not been approved. At 140+ days, it has been well beyond the 120 day maximum review period that they were shooting for, which seems to be pretty typical lately. I wrote them an email, and received the standard reply that it is under review, and that they currently have a backlog of more than 7,500 petitions to review. Hoping to get a decision in the next week or so?!

Ours posted on January 13th, 2016 and still has not been approved. At 140+ days, it has been well beyond the 120 day maximum review period that they were shooting for, which seems to be pretty typical lately. I wrote them an email, and received the standard reply that it is under review, and that they currently have a backlog of more than 7,500 petitions to review. Hoping to get a decision in the next week or so?!

I find myself going on pretty much every day and looking at exemptions granted to see what date they originally applied for exemption, but as of late it seems like they are processing a bunch of older ones with attached amendments rather than new applicants.

5-31-16 seems like a holding pattern for exemptions. Were hoping ours is in the next approvals. We had ours in the hopper in October and listed on the FAA site in December. On another note with lot of people in our area operating without their exemption wouldn't it be a good idea besides penalizing those that are illegal but penalize the users of the imagery? So someone images for Century 21 or whoever, uses their video or still imagery for profit. Shouldn't they be penalized for not using licensed or permitted people? Just a question....Hope all are having a great day! :)

Well yeah it is, but working for a local govt I know that a business that does plumbing or electrical work must be certified and one hiring someone to do this work has the responsibility to make sure who they hire is certified. Any work I have done whether it be electrical, plumbing or even car stereo work I make sure the workers are certified. :)

Well yeah it is, but working for a local govt I know that a business that does plumbing or electrical work must be certified and one hiring someone to do this work has the responsibility to make sure who they hire is certified. Any work I have done whether it be electrical, plumbing or even car stereo work I make sure the workers are certified. :)
Eaxactly. It is the hirer's (realtor) responsibility to only hire authorized and certified UAV operators are hired. Local govment has enough to do to get into the license-checking business for drones (and they are not qualified)...other than check for a local business license.

5-31-16 seems like a holding pattern for exemptions. Were hoping ours is in the next approvals. We had ours in the hopper in October and listed on the FAA site in December. On another note with lot of people in our area operating without their exemption wouldn't it be a good idea besides penalizing those that are illegal but penalize the users of the imagery? So someone images for Century 21 or whoever, uses their video or still imagery for profit. Shouldn't they be penalized for not using licensed or permitted people? Just a question....Hope all are having a great day! :)

kcbello,
Please post if/when you get notice of your approval. With our's received in November and posted in January, we should hopefully follow right behind you. Thanks!

Reactions: kcobello

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth