Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Self-adaptive landing gear issues.

Discussion in 'Inspire 1 Help' started by Mugi, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Mugi

Hi all, having issues of late with the auto-raising of landing gear function.

The aircraft does fine when it takes off first time, and raises the landing gear automatically. When i bring it back down it lowers the gear, no problem. But subsequently, like clockwork, whenever I go above the minimum height required for the landing gear to raise, it does not.

Manually flicking the switch on the TX works though so I don't think it's a mechanical or electronic issue with the legs.

Anyone else faced this issue? Feedback/solutions will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

2. Scotflieger

The adapter landing gear only works on initial takeoff and on the first approach to the ground. It only rearms if you shut the motors down. If you lift off again and finally land you have to manually operate the landing gear. The exception is if you do a RTH when the gear will lower on landing.

Mugi and The Editor like this.
  3. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

He is not wrong ^^^^^^ :)

Mugi likes this.
  4. lake_flyer

Sidenote: but I still consider it a mistake from DJI to lower the gear the moment it is over the homepoint. If it has to come down from a great height I'd rather have the gear up while descending and lower it 10m above the ground. Better stability and less chance on VRS.
    If I ever have a RTH (only invoke once in a while to test if it still works) I kill it over the homepoint and raise the gear again.

5. Mugi

Thanks! Got my landing gears crossed it seems. Though I had contacted DJI earlier and they said to send the aircraft in. Guess wires got crossed there as well.