Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Self build M600?

Reaction score
So I like the M600 pro, I'm a total noob first off and not rich by any means. Can you buy all the pieces to this and build it piece by piece? Or is there another fairly large drone that a person can build with the same or similar capabilities? I love the A3 processor and think I would like to incorporate it into the drone. What tites would you recommend going to to buy parts?
1ed5c2eb5c92aa8fbca3a5b3e9ebdd72.jpg

Reactions: Advexure
Welcome to the forum, @MorallyBankrupt

The M600 Pro comes fully assembled and there is very little setup/building required on the Pro whereas the regular M600 would come completely unassembled and would require a few hours to setup. The A3 Flight Controller is already installed and figured with the M600 Pro.

M600 Pro units are in stock here at Advexure: DJI Matrice 600 Pro Hexacopter

If you have any further questions feel free to shoot us an email/PM or give us a call at (855) 625-2055.

So I like the M600 pro, I'm a total noob first off and not rich by any means. Can you buy all the pieces to this and build it piece by piece? Or is there another fairly large drone that a person can build with the same or similar capabilities? I love the A3 processor and think I would like to incorporate it into the drone. What tites would you recommend going to to buy parts?

Hello MorallyBankrupt. For a "total noob" you sure have good taste! The M600 has been one of our favorite copters to fly since the first time we put one in the air. Its very stable, flies great, carries heavy cameras or the lighter DJI X5 / X5R and others. The A3 performs vey, very well.

To add to the answer above, it is possible to buy just an A3 and install it into another frame - you can also purchase an A3 with LB2 and use it as your flight control system, radio and video downlink (installed on a different kit). People have been building customs rigs and kits like this for a very long time. If you are a DIY type person you may enjoy this - but many find the complete system of an M600 appealing with no real assembly required.

If can can tell us a little more about your flying experience and your what you will be using the drone for we can certainly talk you through the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing an M600 / M600 Pro or building your own system (either from scratch or a kit).

We also have a client that was looking to sell one if your motivation to build it was to save cost. We would be happy to see if it is still available if you are interested.

Welcome to Inspire Pilots and let us know if we can do anything further to help you.

Thanks!

Reactions: MorallyBankrupt
Hello MorallyBankrupt. For a "total noob" you sure have good taste! The M600 has been one of our favorite copters to fly since the first time we put one in the air. Its very stable, flies great, carries heavy cameras or the lighter DJI X5 / X5R and others. The A3 performs vey, very well.

To add to the answer above, it is possible to buy just an A3 and install it into another frame - you can also purchase an A3 with LB2 and use it as your flight control system, radio and video downlink (installed on a different kit). People have been building customs rigs and kits like this for a very long time. If you are a DIY type person you may enjoy this - but many find the complete system of an M600 appealing with no real assembly required.

If can can tell us a little more about your flying experience and your what you will be using the drone for we can certainly talk you through the advantages and disadvantages of purchasing an M600 / M600 Pro or building your own system (either from scratch or a kit).

We also have a client that was looking to sell one if your motivation to build it was to save cost. We would be happy to see if it is still available if you are interested.

Welcome to Inspire Pilots and let us know if we can do anything further to help you.

Thanks!

Yeah I have wrecked every $25 dollar airplane or helicopter I have ever bought or won at the fair, lol. That's the extent of my experience. As for saving money, that's my main motivation for the reason I want to build one. I would love to learn how to build one also, so when I wreck, or get bored of the M600, I can build something bigger and more bad ***.

I 40 years old and just a big kid, I just want it so it follows me while I'm riding quads at the dunes to takes some awesome video, and maybe to fly it to my buddies house 3 miles away to pick up or drop off a 6er, what do ya think?

Yeah I have wrecked every $25 dollar airplane or helicopter I have ever bought or won at the fair, lol. That's the extent of my experience. As for saving money, that's my main motivation for the reason I want to build one. I would love to learn how to build one also, so when I wreck, or get bored of the M600, I can build something bigger and more bad ***.

Everyone has wrecked those little things...

Is there a frame kit that for the m600

No, the M600 was meant to be purchased as a Ready to Fly package...they do not sell a "build it yourself" version of it. If you want to build something, there are a lot of different frame kits out there.

It is fun to build something, in fact, we just got our first cut of a frame we had designed specifically for being able to use DJI electronics in a small hex to carry a large Canon DSLR. Its built around being able to use the A3 and Light Bridge 2 so you get the DJI flying experience with a very high end still photographer's camera in the air.

I can send you some info on places to look for frames you can build yourself and then some info on what DJI electronics you might want to use with them if you would like.

No, the M600 was meant to be purchased as a Ready to Fly package...they do not sell a "build it yourself" version of it. If you want to build something, there are a lot of different frame kits out there.

It is fun to build something, in fact, we just got our first cut of a frame we had designed specifically for being able to use DJI electronics in a small hex to carry a large Canon DSLR. Its built around being able to use the A3 and Light Bridge 2 so you get the DJI flying experience with a very high end still photographer's camera in the air.

I can send you some info on places to look for frames you can build yourself and then some info on what DJI electronics you might want to use with them if you would like.

Bro, that would be awesome! Send me any links that would be helpful, and definitely the link for the frame!

What about the s900 with the a3 pro, lightbridge 2....... I found that where you can buy it a piece at a time? Any drawbacks?

Reactions: giumick
What about the s900 with the a3 pro, lightbridge 2....... I found that where you can buy it a piece at a time? Any drawbacks?
If you are looking for a kit to build yourself choosing something like the S900 at least eliminates the decisions about what power distribution system you need, which prop and motor combos will be right for the copter and payload, etc. Its a good way to start to put something together and understand how multi rotors are built before you move on to something bigger / better / different, etc. Plus, you should be able to find them out there pretty inexpensive at this point. Let me know if you decide to go that way and if you have any questions as you start building it.

Im all for the s900 over the m600. You dont have the disgustingly priced Dji batts to buy and it will fly better with the x5r on due to smaller span. Ive heard the m600 its a bit fluttery with less weight.

We are building a s900 soon with an a3 pro system in. The m600 is a fortune to kit out in reality. Just the batteries alone makes me stay well clear as it takes 4 each flight and they are £150 each when i can get lipos that will fly the s900 for £80 each and they will charge on a standard 12v charger that will work better and cost less.

So 3 sets of lipos for it £600 x 3 or s900 £80 x3 ... No brainer for me. Plus no inverter needed for charging on site.

The only downside to the s900 is that it will not run the z30 inspection camera as dji have locked it out on purpose because it totally trumps the m100 with it in its arsenal.

my 2p
Mick

Reactions: MorallyBankrupt
Bro, that would be awesome! Send me any links that would be helpful, and definitely the link for the frame!
I have built several large drone and my favorite has been an arris 680 with 325 kv motors and 13 inch props. It easily carries my sony nex 5 set up on a dys gimbal and remote controlled shutter. There has been a large learning curve to assemble all this stuff and lots of money spent on parts that did not make the cut. I have found that DJI controllers are the best thing for the money that you can buy. I always use the naza v2 and it performs great. You are onthe right track buying a ready made kit from them. I finally had to buy an Inspire 2 because it is such a great copter with all the technology incorporated . Makes life longer with more time for flying instead of building.

I have built several large drone and my favorite has been an arris 680 with 325 kv motors and 13 inch props. It easily carries my sony nex 5 set up on a dys gimbal and remote controlled shutter. There has been a large learning curve to assemble all this stuff and lots of money spent on parts that did not make the cut. I have found that DJI controllers are the best thing for the money that you can buy. I always use the naza v2 and it performs great. You are onthe right track buying a ready made kit from them. I finally had to buy an Inspire 2 because it is such a great copter with all the technology incorporated . Makes life longer with more time for flying instead of building.
Well said @Roostertail

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc