Welcome to InspirePilots.com

Join the leading DJI Inspire community for free!

Self Tightening Propellers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PortCanaveralFlorida, Aug 29, 2016.

1. PortCanaveralFlorida

I found a hairline crack finally in one of my props after 350+ flights this weekend. I bent the sucker to check it out and sure nuff! Amazon is selling lots of QR props and generic props are all over the place. Who here has a good source of the Self Tightening props other than DJIs store? USA.

#1 PortCanaveralFlorida, Aug 29, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2016
  2. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

I purchased most of dealers stock as soon as QR rubbish came out. I could see the writing on the wall for the threaded variety so stocked up. :p

Your hairline crack - was it on the hub or elsewhere? Had the prop(s) had any impact or is it just fatigue?

3. PortCanaveralFlorida

So your the one that's been sucking up all the good props!!! :mad:
    I believe it was just fatigue, no crashes or impact. I looked at the prop and thought it was a hair but after feeling it and BENDING it I came to the conclusion is was a crack on the outer trailing edge about an inch from the tip. So, I'm looking this morning for some new ones, possibly two :D
    Drone Nerds is south of me so might just go on ahead and purchase from them (if they have them)

4. The Editor

The Editor Moderator
    Staff Member

Yup......if was me! :p

That's why a prop check is so important - it always is part of my pre and post flight checks to examine every prop for signs of damage etc.
    Glad you spotted it. :)