Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Setting Home Point Warning

Ok hope that everything will work out for you.Let me know.
(Ps(and this will give for sure reactions) I handtie my props surely and fly).I can't wait for those propguards.Also my dealer is flying the last six week without them and didn't have any problems.

Hey bud,

I did a bit of testing today so im getting the exact same message of 0m when i try to set the home point with motors off. As soon as i power up the motors it locks the home point automatically.

I flew about 40 meters away and initiated a RTH. The inspire flew up from around 15m to my set height of 50m and then returned to home point and landed flawlessly (all be it a bit quicker than i would like - descent speed). I then took off again and took her around 5 meters @ around 15m height from home point and did the same RTH. She landed where she was. (didn't rise or attempt to come back the 5 meters to home point)

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Soflms
After seeing the "garage door incident" on YouTube I'm nervous to let the beast fly itself. Call me paranoid, or maybe I'm just a control freak lol. I'll give it a shot today, I picked up my prop locks today and was happy to hear my dealer has the tb48 batteries coming soon. I'd be curious to see anyone else's screensshot however of it stating something other than 0.0 as a value where ours displays it.

Just start manualy and leave the auto take-off.
Start the Inspire and let it run for about 15 sec.
Full throttle 'till you reach about 4 mtr(12 ft) and let it hoover.
The "garage door" was flying with auto take-off.
And find a open space

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
After seeing the "garage door incident" on YouTube I'm nervous to let the beast fly itself. Call me paranoid, or maybe I'm just a control freak lol. I'll give it a shot today, I picked up my prop locks today and was happy to hear my dealer has the tb48 batteries coming soon. I'd be curious to see anyone else's screensshot however of it stating something other than 0.0 as a value where ours displays it.

I have never had an issue with the auto takeoff. But you must always be prepared to fly the craft. If you have that mind set you will never be surprised.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I have never had an issue with the auto takeoff. But you must always be prepared to fly the craft. If you have that mind set you will never be surprised.

Ed, did you see my post in regards to the rth displaying as 0.0 when setting the home point? A few of us were having issues with this...

Ed, did you see my post in regards to the rth displaying as 0.0 when setting the home point? A few of us were having issues with this...

Everybody is saying you have to arm the motors and the rth altitude will be shown. I haven't tried it but will do so as soon as the weather breaks. Hope it works for you.

Everybody is saying you have to arm the motors and the rth altitude will be shown. I haven't tried it but will do so as soon as the weather breaks. Hope it works for you.

Thanks, but been there done that. a few pages ago... this issue goes deeper than that unfortunately

see pics on page 3

I upgraded the controller by plugging in the camera with micro usb card attached, and went through the upgrade process (the beeping and the blue led, until the led turned solid green and stopped beeping), and it still displays 0.0m however my actual RTH button will show my set failsafe altitude. I dont understand why i'm having an isolated issue. I sat on hold yesterday with DJI for 35 mins just to be kicked due to "high call volume". I was caller 9 the entire time.

Here's a pic after it sat WITH motors running for at least 5 minutes, with the RTH altitude set to 30. I have no idea what im missing. :
View attachment 489
View attachment 490

However if I click the return to home button it properly shows my RTH altitude set to 30.

I'm waiting for dji to open so I can call again
Softms, did you connect the camera to the controller to update (controller) firmware. It's one of the cables in your box (FireWire to USB).
If you've done this, then I suggest a test flight, clear of obstacles of course, and try a RTH. Good luck, I hope this works.
Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Softms, did you connect the camera to the controller to update (controller) firmware. It's one of the cables in your box (FireWire to USB).
If you've done this, then I suggest a test flight, clear of obstacles of course, and try a RTH. Good luck, I hope this works.
Peter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I did update the controller, it still shows 0.0 waiting to go try it in a large field... Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anastasiyakavitko6