Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

She almost flew into my house, with no stick input!

I'm more interested in seeing the # of satellite's that are being tracked, regardless of which they are. Similar to what the HDMI was showing (not sure if it still does as I don't use this functionality yet). The little cell-phone style signal meter is too basic for my liking.

OK, so.... this is weird. I went ahead and did the firmware update this evening, hoping that it would resolve some of my issues, not sure if it has, yet I did figure something out. Previously I didn't have the slider for "Multiple Flight Modes" selected and it appears that it got stuck in ATTI. After selecting the Multiple Flight Modes I flipped the switch and for the first time I saw P-GPS show up on my tablet. Is there a chance that I was flying in ATTI the entire time and didn't know it? I didn't think i had to change to Multiple Flight Mode to get P-GPS, yet I haven't noted seeing it display P-GPS since I purchased the bird. Perhaps this is what has been causing all of my issues.

Question: Do most of you run in Multiple Flight Modes, and do you enable IOC or not? If I do enable IOC does it work as expected (only active when in F mode)? I'm a bit concerned that if I enable it that I may have unexpected results when in P mode.

Thanks in advance for any feedback...

Feeling like I'm on to something here!

Last edited:
Note: I tested turning the remote to ATTI on the switch then disabled the Multiple Flight Modes option... sure enough it was stuck again in ATTI regardless of the mode selection switch location. So, that may solve much of my "this bird is really flying weird" issues. This contradicts the manual which says with Multiple Flight Modes off that it will be locked in P mode, you can also lock it in A mode!

This is something to note, if you are in ATTI mode and disable multiple flight modes you will no longer be able to get into P-GPS mode. Looking forward to trying a flight with GPS mode enabled tomorrow! :D

Last edited:
P-ATTI and ATTI are not the same thing.
If you set the switch to A you are in ATTI, and need the "multiple flight modes" switch to be on for it to allow you to use it.
When you have the switch in P mode (only active position if multiple flight modes is off) then you'll have P-something, with the "something" depending on the current sensor status. P-ATTI if nothing is available, P-OPTO if the OPTO sensor sees something useable, P-GPS if you've got GPS reception.

So:
it appears that it got stuck in P-ATTI. After selecting the Multiple Flight Modes I flipped the switch and for the first time I saw P-GPS show up on my tablet.
You simply had no GPS reception where you are doing your setup, and now you somehow have some. You were likely in P-GPS when you were flying, just didn't notice it.

P-ATTI and ATTI are not the same thing.
If you set the switch to A you are in ATTI, and need the "multiple flight modes" switch to be on for it to allow you to use it.
When you have the switch in P mode (only active position if multiple flight modes is off) then you'll have P-something, with the "something" depending on the current sensor status. P-ATTI if nothing is available, P-OPTO if the OPTO sensor sees something useable, P-GPS if you've got GPS reception.

So:

You simply had no GPS reception where you are doing your setup, and now you somehow have some. You were likely in P-GPS when you were flying, just didn't notice it.

It was stuck in ATTI mode, sorry, I didn't mean P-ATTI, I've corrected my other posts to clarify.

If I flip the mode selector to the center on the remote (ATTI) and the deselect Multiple Flight Mode it will never go to P-GPS, regardless of where the switch is it will stay in ATTI mode. Give it a try for yourself, I'm guessing you'll see the same thing. Once I select MFM and flip the switch to the right I immediately see the P-GPS indication. I can also lock it on this setting by disabling the MFM setting when it's flipped to this position.

Last edited:
I stand my ground...

I just did the following:

MFM on, switch on A: ATTI
Turn MFM off, leave switch on A: P-ATTI
Lift the I1 over some recognisable pattern: P-OPTI
Put the I1 outside for a while until it got GPS signal: P-GPS.
Bring the I1 back in (GPS loss): P-ATTI and app warns of fallback due to loss of GPS signal.

Moving the switch changes nothing, app says to turn MFM on to use other modes.

Really strange, mine doesn't do this, I experience the behavior that I've described where it sticks in ATTI mode. I'll test again just to be sure.

Crap, this time it worked as you've described. I recant, ugh, still going to give it a test run tomorrow to see if anything has improved, yet less optimistic. :(

Just a quick follow-up, after the update last night and the bit of weirdness with the mode switch I was able to fly six batteries today without incident, very happy!!

I learned yesterday that not all satellites are in the same place in the sky throughout the day every day. So some days/times may have more/less than others, depending on their orbit and our (the earth's) rotation.
Have you seen this site that reports all satellites in your area?
http://satpredictor.navcomtech.com/

Reactions: InspiredOne
You can also download an app called Skywalk. It shows what sats are overhead in real time. I am certain than we are acquiring different sats during our flights because for one, they are moving at about 23000 mph, and only take a couple of minutes to move from horizon to horizon.. And this if they go directly over you. These things are 300-600 miles above the earth, and do not follow the same path in each orbit. Good news is, there's about 4000 of them up there. (Not all GPS tho)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fivafi