Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Shooting with a Permit but DJI app won't take off

Reaction score
Hi guys, I recently got permission by Transport Canada to fly near a small airport for a shoot. In the DJI app I am still inside the no fly zone, so how do I disable that feature so I'm able to take off?

Thank you for your help.

I do not believe you can. There use to be a work around where you disconnect the GPS antenna but I believe DJI fixed that bug.

In the USA DJI is clueless as to airspace, I suspect it is probably the same in Canada as well.

Hi guys, I recently got permission by Transport Canada to fly near a small airport for a shoot. In the DJI app I am still inside the no fly zone, so how do I disable that feature so I'm able to take off?

Thank you for your help.
OK - if it is actually IN a NFZ (red area) and not just an unlockable region then you need to email [email protected]
They will ask you for various documents including proof of ID (passport etc), cellphone number(s), written confirmation of permissions and the reason for the flight(s).
Only once they are satisfied will they send you a modified version of the Go App which will have your requested area unlocked for the time period you have specified.

Hi will need to uninstall your current version of the app and install the one they send you (or link to).

You need to plan in advance as this is not a 'same day's type service.

I hope that helps.

OK - if it is actually IN a NFZ (red area) and not just an unlockable region then you need to email [email protected]
They will ask you for various documents including proof of ID (passport etc), cellphone number(s), written confirmation of permissions and the reason for the flight(s).
Only once they are satisfied will they send you a modified version of the Go App which will have your requested area unlocked for the time period you have specified.

Hi will need to uninstall your current version of the app and install the one they send you (or link to).

You need to plan in advance as this is not a 'same day's type service.

I hope that helps.

This might work if two things were to happen.

1) GEO was based on regulations or official guidance.

2) DJI would actual respond to inquires and/or request sent to [email protected].

DJI totally ignores any regulations such as Part 101, Part 107 or even the older guidance such as AC 91-57A mentioned on their website. They even have fully sanctioned AMA flying fields inside of red zones!

In the USA DJI have imposed red zones where they think it would be a good idea to have a red zone and all inquires or requests have fallen on deaf ears at DJI. Perhaps you have better results in Canada, but I do not get the impression that DJI cares about regulations in any country.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84