Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Should I Take the Plunge?

Hey jason..
The inspire is a great aircraft and I don't see any benefit in waiting for a new release because in my opinion they could release a worse version like the p2v+ V3 with the motor and esc problems ..
Also in my estimate there's probably around 20 thousand inspires out there right now and out of those 20 k only a very small amount have had issues. .
the voyager 3 is supposed to be released any day now so there's not many out there to get feedback from. .
I suggest watching the video on YouTube of a guy flying one and crashing it..
The voyager seems to be high powered and flys fast and maneuvers very well..
I'd be surprised if the inspire could keep up with it..
although the range is probably nothing close to the Inspire and there's no app to use..that's the biggest difference I see..
both are not crash friendly. .
also there's some rumors of a Phantom 3 coming our one of these days..
anyway. .dji seems to be the leader in uav's for now and probably will be for some time..
happy flying
turbo

Thank you for the input Turbo.
I watched the video of the Voyager, the guy sucked as a pilot and was not aware of his surroundings or the capabilities of his bird. Heck, he even turned his back to the bird while it was airborne several times not to mention one-handing his radio as well to throw leaves in the air to show us it was windy. That being said... lol

I am finding the Voyager and the Inspire to be much like cell phones... Why cannot one company incorporate all of the positive features into one air-frame?

The Phantom can pull off some cool maneuvers when in atti mode... Not fast by any means but nimble if you know how and stay out of your own vortexes. Then again, you only need speed if following a fast target. :D

I am going to sell my P2V+ first along with the hard case, chargers, 4 batts, FPVLR antennas, etc... That should take out some of the sting $-wise. Once that is done if I go with the Inspire it will be the dual controller version with the new Pelican hard-case, extra batteries, extra charger and two Invidia Shield tablets.

Again thank you and everyone else for the input. It is very much appreciated.

Jason

Keep in mind that most multi rotor pilots are not experienced R/C pilots. While many are good photographers, their total model aircraft experience is measured in months and they lack the situational awareness that a long time modeler has. And that extends not only to flying ability, but to dealing with challenging flying sites, and dealing with mechanics and machines, batteries and radio technology. The only reason most people buy these things is because it requires no flying skill. Their control inputs are requests to the autopilot, not commands to the flight controls. Many "issues" can be traced back to "pilot error". Other issues may be due to poor preflight or poor choice of flying site ("dirty RF" area, like next to a cell tower). Some are actually real issues with that one machine. Don't fly near people until you get the machine fully tested over a period of 20-30 flights. Know that nothing is perfect and everything fails eventually. I think the Inspire puts the odds in your favor. Be a smart pilot and improve your own odds.

Ben

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop