Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

should i update?

Reaction score
Sent my i1 in for repair beginning of july, getting it back repaired "allegedly"

I don't have the go app, using a android tablet. everything I've read is giving me some real concerns the new firmware and pilot app will do more damage then good.

Should i leave it as is? should i update it? is the new stuff worth it?

I'm using a Nvidia Shield and so far so good. As long as you do the updates carefully, you should be fine. Update your tablet with the new DJI Go app. Then download the 1.3 firmware, you'll use that to update your I1, battery and RC......in that order. I recommend you connect your RC to the back of the camera to update the RC. Once that is done completely. Get the 1.4 firmware update and use that for your I1 and battery only. The RC is not included in that update. Note: Make sure you start with a freshly formatted memory card and make sure you copy the *.bin file to the root directory of the memory card. YES - the new stuff is worth it. Firmware 1.3 improves the issue with the battery and Firmware 1.4 give you the POI and Wave Points feature. Follow-me has not yet been included. Good Luck!!

Sent my i1 in for repair beginning of july, getting it back repaired "allegedly"

I don't have the go app, using a android tablet. everything I've read is giving me some real concerns the new firmware and pilot app will do more damage then good.

Yes update if your Andriod app crashes.DJI go is better and the extra features are nice too.Do it as FangsCPO said and you'll be fine.Check all your settings because some are set back to standard.Have fun with the new app and good luck

Has it gone to DJI for repair?
If so it will be updated with the most recent firmware as a matter of course before it is returned to you.

his question is if he should update his app to the go app, or if the old pilot app will work with the new firmware or if it will cause some issue. I am unsure of the answer, it may or may not work, if you try it i would do so cautiously and be prepared to disable motors if it acts strange. I know the new go app doesnt work well with older firmware but not sure about the other way.

at any rate if you have android its easy to save the apk file from the older version, update it to the new one and be able to go back to the old for whatever reason if you want to do so easily.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide