Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Should I upgrade Firmware

Upgrade?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I am always wary to upgrade firmware at times. My Inspire Pro is currently on 1.8.1.00. Is 1.9.1.30 a safe and useful upgrade?

Hold off awhile and watch forum to see what others experience.
Personally, I stopped doing FW updates 5 months ago and everything works fine for me.

Go ahead if you are sick and tired of a video feed that is reliable and actually keeps up with the inspire in flight.

1.9.1 appears to be affected with a major bug - absolute silence from the DJI reps, apart from some useless suggestions to upgrade iOS version. As per the DJI playbook, they say nothing apart from "Hey look at that shiny new MAVIC!"

I'm getting ready to go flying tomorrow and haven't flown since April so when I fired the I1Pro up today in my apartment I'm getting the "firmware update required" message. Now I understand that many people run with older versions of firmware but it's not clear to me when a required update is actually required and not just recommended by DJI. So, my firmware is on v.1.8.1.00 and was from 7Apr16 and I've not updated since then. I would like to fly as is as it sounds like 1.9.1 has some issues and I just wanted to be clear that I will be able to fly with 1.8.1. I should mention that the DJI Go app on my iPad Pro is at 3.0 or whatever is the latest.

Brian

I'm getting ready to go flying tomorrow and haven't flown since April so when I fired the I1Pro up today in my apartment I'm getting the "firmware update required" message. Now I understand that many people run with older versions of firmware but it's not clear to me when a required update is actually required and not just recommended by DJI. So, my firmware is on v.1.8.1.00 and was from 7Apr16 and I've not updated since then. I would like to fly as is as it sounds like 1.9.1 has some issues and I just wanted to be clear that I will be able to fly with 1.8.1. I should mention that the DJI Go app on my iPad Pro is at 3.0 or whatever is the latest.

Brian
There has never been a mandatory firmware update issued/released by DJI. It is totally up to the user whether they wish to upgrade or not.

You will not be prevented from taking off or using your Inspire if you decide not to upgrade.

Some members have said they were told they 'HAD' to upgrade or that their aircraft wouldn't take-off unless they updated their firmware - This is wrong, it has never happened.

You will be fine not updating if you do not wish to. :)

There has never been a mandatory firmware update issued/released by DJI. It is totally up to the user whether they wish to upgrade or not.

You will not be prevented from taking off or using your Inspire if you decide not to upgrade.

Some members have said they were told they 'HAD' to upgrade or that their aircraft wouldn't take-off unless they updated their firmware - This is wrong, it has never happened.

You will be fine not updating if you do not wish to. :)

Thanks E, that is what I thought, but just wanted to be certain...

Brian

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinODo