Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Should I...

Reaction score
Long time lurker on this forum and mostly post on phantom pilots(own. P3a)

I recently purchased a used I1 V1 rev. D t600 model from b and h. It's in good condition 9+ and I got a good deal.

I still have about 20 plus days to return it for a refund; with no intention of wanting a p4, I'm concerned about this version no longer being sold on DJI.com and I'm also afraid there will be no new fw updates, as well as not being able to add additional camera (x5) when the time comes.(on the docket for 3 months for 333 exemption).

Anyway, what I'm getting at is should I return it? *I only flew it a few times to test it...it runs solid.

***Maybe it's just me overthinking things...would love to get your opinions
Thanks

Updated:
slow motion footage taken with DJI OSMO

Last edited:
Why? My Inspire is old as hell (rev. B i think) and runs the new FWs and X5 cam just fine. There aren't any major revisions model to model minus some little things.... The biggest upgrade was the motors on the new Inspires but I don't notice my flight characteristics to be lacking.

I have a 1st edition model from March 2015 and my firmware is all up to date and I use the X5. Stable as anything

I fly a "midcycle" Inspire X3 and like the others, have no issues nor do I expect any. As others have said, this platform is relatively unchanged over a relatively short lifecycle so far. I do believe we will see a new version with a modification of the obstacle avoidance now available in the Phantom 4 and the Matrice. If that's what happens I hope we get the Matrice style system that provides more than just front avoidance. That being said, I'm not all that sure how often I would even use such a feature. The demand for the I1X3-X5R platform with make this a very long lifecycle. I think you can keep it with confidence.

It's good to hear there is no issues and fw are still rock solid especially if I plan to upgrade camera.

I love the i1 and the one I have is only a few months old. Inspection tag in it is dated 15-7-09

I'll keep it
Thanks again

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redrocksshuttle