Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Signal drop out help

Reaction score
Hi Everyone

Looking for some advice from the more experienced technical guys on the forum. I seem to be getting frequent signal drop outs but weirdly only when flying back towards myself. To test this I've flown at the coast and in the remote countryside (away from people and buildings) and using a spotter have let the aircraft out to 7000 feet distance and on the way out everything perfect, no signal issues but when I turn round and head back I get frequent dropouts where it says "no signal" and I get no picture. Still have full control and can see my position on the google map just no picture. If I Hover it seems to come back or change channels but once moving again no picture and this happens all the way back and even up to 200 feet away.

Struggling to find a solution. I'm thinking about trying Lynh Pah trick of loosening the screws on the camera connector plate to raise it slightly hopefully to achieve a better connection but if it was a connection issue then I'd get drop outs on both outward and return flights.

Hi Everyone

Looking for some advice from the more experienced technical guys on the forum. I seem to be getting frequent signal drop outs but weirdly only when flying back towards myself. To test this I've flown at the coast and in the remote countryside (away from people and buildings) and using a spotter have let the aircraft out to 7000 feet distance and on the way out everything perfect, no signal issues but when I turn round and head back I get frequent dropouts where it says "no signal" and I get no picture. Still have full control and can see my position on the google map just no picture. If I Hover it seems to come back or change channels but once moving again no picture and this happens all the way back and even up to 200 feet away.

Struggling to find a solution. I'm thinking about trying Lynh Pah trick of loosening the screws on the camera connector plate to raise it slightly hopefully to achieve a better connection but if it was a connection issue then I'd get drop outs on both outward and return flights.
Your issue is more than likely caused by the angle of the antennas on the return journey.
The Inspire has four antennas located one in each leg to enable a robust RF link in most situations.
However, when you are orientated flying towards yourself the front of the aircraft tips down during flight and therefore the angle of those antennas are not in the same plane as your RC.
Once you stop and hover, the front of the aircraft lifts level and the orientation of the antennas becomes more in line with your RC antennas and video returns.
Hope that helps.

Reactions: Leszek Kedziora
Your issue is more than likely caused by the angle of the antennas on the return journey.
The Inspire has four antennas located one in each leg to enable a robust RF link in most situations.
However, when you are orientated flying towards yourself the front of the aircraft tips down during flight and therefore the angle of that antennas is not in the same plane as your RC.
Once you stop and hover, the front of the aircraft lifts level and the orientation of the antennas becomes more in line with your RC antennas and video returns.
Hope that helps.
Hi and thank you. I totally understand what your saying and it makes total sense. So what's the solution I can't keep going away from me. Lol

Hi and thank you. I totally understand what your saying and it makes total sense. So what's the solution I can't keep going away from me. Lol
On the return, fly higher to alter the acute angle between you and the Inspire or fly slower or not so far. All will limit the chances of this occurring.
Also, make absolutely sure your RC antennas are at right angles to the ground (pointing straight up to the sky).

T
On the return, fly higher to alter the acute angle between you and the Inspire or fly slower or not so far. All will limit the chances of this occurring.
Also, make absolutely sure your RC antennas are at right angles to the ground (pointing straight up to the sky).

Thanks. I'll try this out tomorrow and report back. I currently use the ITelite DBS Antenna set up.

T

Thanks. I'll try this out tomorrow and report back. I currently use the ITelite DBS Antenna set up.
Not familiar with that set up but if your poor range started happening after that installation I would be inclined to look at that as the culprit.
Additionally, check all four antenna cables are seated correctly on the Inspire. You will see them just behind the nosecone as four cables terminated in 90degree plugs. They should all be level and inserted the same distance.

For testing purposes I have taken the Inspire out on stock antennas to over 2.3 kilometers (around 7900 feet) and have not lost video feed either outwards, during turn and return to home. The fact you are seeing video problems on the way back as close as 200 feet could imply antenna problems - check those plugs!

Not familiar with that set up but if your poor range started happening after that installation I would be inclined to look at that as the culprit.
Additionally, check all four antenna cables are seated correctly on the Inspire. You will see them just behind the nosecone as four cables terminated in 90degree plugs. They should all be level and inserted the same distance.

For testing purposes I have taken the Inspire out on stock antennas to over 2.3 kilometers (around 7900 feet) and have not lost video feed either outwards, during turn and return to home. The fact you are seeing video problems on the way back as close as 200 feet could imply antenna problems - check those plugs!

Do I need to remove the nose cone to do this? Do you have a picture of what they look like as I'm the least technical person in existence

Do I need to remove the nose cone to do this? Do you have a picture of what they look like as I'm the least technical person in existence
No, you will see them easily without removing anything. If any of them do not look like they are plugged in fully take a flat bladed screwdriver and re-seat the ones that might be sticking out.

Reactions: Brady Davis
Well not sure if it was the pushing of the Antenna plugs or climbing 30 foot for the return flight but no signal drop outs!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc