Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Simulator vs. real flight

Reaction score
Is the aircraft in the flight simulator behaving the exact same way as the aircraft is doing in real flight, so if there are any problems with the flying performance or for example with the flight controller etc. that would also show in the flight simulator?

So for example after i have updated the firmware i can fly the aircraft in the simulator and see that it is performing as it should, or?

Thanks in advance.

Is the aircraft in the flight simulator behaving the exact same way as the aircraft is doing in real flight, so if there are any problems with the flying performance or for example with the flight controller etc. that would also show in the flight simulator?

So for example after i have updated the firmware i can fly the aircraft in the simulator and see that it is performing as it should, or?

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't trust the sim to verify "all is well" with the aircraft per se. Only a test flight can confirm that.

Having said that, the sim actually uses the onboard flight controller so it should be pretty close to reality in terms of responsiveness, FC behaviors, etc.

Last edited:

Thanks in advance.
Flight dynamics and physics are fairly accurate. Using it to determine validation of firmware is not - you need to fly to do this.

Thanks, yes i guess only a real flight can confirm everything is good.

What about training to fly in ATTI mode in the simulator, is it a good way to train ATTI flying?

Thanks, yes i guess only a real flight can confirm everything is good.

What about training to fly in ATTI mode in the simulator, is it a good way to train ATTI flying?
Yes - add some heavy wind into the mix and you will be able to hone your skills. Fly it out until it is a dot in the sky, give it full yaw for a few rotations until you have no idea what direction it is pointing, then recover and bring it in by sight only.

Reactions: Hercules_One
Yes that sounds like a good way to train, i will definitely do it that way. I guess the harder conditions you train in the better.

Sims are a limited training device. The do not get you to handle the aircraft in various environments you may encounter in real flight. So sims alone will no make you a pro pilot. Like low batt and temp. Wind gusts, trees..... And so much more do not exist in the sim... Dji should do more work upgrading the sim so it is more real. Have random failures of the uas, and let it be projected through the hdmi output.

Reactions: Hercules_One
Sims are a limited training device. The do not get you to handle the aircraft in various environments you may encounter in real flight. So sims alone will no make you a pro pilot. Like low batt and temp. Wind gusts, trees..... And so much more do not exist in the sim... Dji should do more work upgrading the sim so it is more real. Have random failures of the uas, and let it be projected through the hdmi output.
I agree, DJI needs to update the sim, maybe add FPV and courses and obstacles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah