Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Simultaneous video and photos on Inspire 2

Your are not going senile, I have the I2 and it does take pics and video at the the same time, I have just done a test now and taken a pic 4K video setting, the pic is a 1.33 meg jpeg, a with pixel count of 8.3meg, what the X5s is doing is saving a single frame of 4K (a single frame is 8meg) I took a pic video set at 2.7K and that pic is just over 4meg and then one with video set to 1080x1920 and that pic was just over 2meg so what it is doing is basically saving a single video frame I am not sure why yours has stopped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Advexure
If you look at the button on screen above the record button (the one that is used to select stills) when you start to record that button should change from camera icon to a solid white button, this indicates that it is now ready to take stills during video recording. I hope this helps.

Reactions: Advexure
Thanks. I'm not interested in the lower resolution images so I'll stick with switching back and forth. Appreciate you digging into it.

All good just remember the higher the resolution you shoot in obviously the higher the still image will be, another thing to think about, I don't know what video editing program you use but I use FCPX and what ever frame rate and resolution that I shoot in I can grab a still frame from the time line for example if I am shooting in 4K @60 frames per sec that is 60 8meg jpeg stills every second to choose from.

All good just remember the higher the resolution you shoot in obviously the higher the still image will be, another thing to think about, I don't know what video editing program you use but I use FCPX and what ever frame rate and resolution that I shoot in I can grab a still frame from the time line for example if I am shooting in 4K @60 frames per sec that is 60 8meg jpeg stills every second to choose from.

I do the same. Some turn out really good too.

I do the same. Some turn out really good too.
Yes and the good thing about doing it this way is you can just concentrate on flying and composition of the video and then at your leisure during the edit you can pic the exact still that you want.

Yep. Fully aware of the frame export in FCPX. I do a fair amount of image licensing and prefer to have as high of resolution as I can. It's fine for social media but a lot of times the images I sell are directly from posts on social media.

From my understanding, if you've a cinessd installed, then it will store raw photos from the video stream. At least that's what I'm hoping as I've yet to get an ssd to try it.

If you don't have the ssd, then it'll simply take a frame from the video stream at whatever res your video is set to. You can set it to 'burst' at 14fps to an sd card if needed.

To take a photo when recording video, simply press the stills shutter button the rhs of the remote, or click the shutter button on screen *above* the one that you used to start the video. (It changes from a double curved arrow to a button when video is being recorded.)

Just picked up a 240G SSD this afternoon and have been trying out the video + still shot. Unfortunately, it still only records stills as Jpegs when recording video :( and it's only a single Jpeg too, not a frame burst :( :( , so yeah you pretty much might as well export from the video in post :(

Having said that, if the X5S is set to stills with infinite burst mode, then an unlimited number of RAW DNG's are recorded to the SSD, so I guess theoretically we could go the other way and create a video from the DNG's ;) :D FWIW, those stills are recorded at 5K & 21Mb each.... um, what was that about needing a CinemaDNG license... :D

Just picked up a 240G SSD this afternoon and have been trying out the video + still shot. Unfortunately, it still only records stills as Jpegs when recording video :( and it's only a single Jpeg too, not a frame burst :( :( , so yeah you pretty much might as well export from the video in post :(

Having said that, if the X5S is set to stills with infinite burst mode, then an unlimited number of RAW DNG's are recorded to the SSD, so I guess theoretically we could go the other way and create a video from the DNG's ;) :D FWIW, those stills are recorded at 5K & 21Mb each.... um, what was that about needing a CinemaDNG license... :D
Do you have any of the licenses for ProRes or CinemaDNG?

Shoots stills in RAW, right? I'd bet you haven't updated firmware yet. Only thing I can figure based on my experience.

Ok.. I must be missing something here.. But I keep seeing little hints like this about a firmware upgrade. Is there a firmware upgrade that is already out for the I2? I haven't see it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide