Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA Skyswoop

Reaction score
Hi All. Has anyone had any experience with this company? They look to be the UBER of commercial drone operations. But when you sign up you need to give them your bank account to deposit funds, fill out an W-9 for tax witholdings, etc. They're so new the BBB doesn't have any information on them. Any thoughts?

Reactions: DigitalDrone
same here signed in but once they ask to much info i bail out, they asking t much personal info, lets wait

I really dig their set up and the platform looks pretty good but they just require so much information it's unnerving. Like pilot license #, insurance, and maybe a PayPal account is one thing but W-9 and bank account info is a little much.

W9 and bank beside they offer full insurance on website and they require ac insurance i pay. Veryfly but not to fo a $20 real estate job
Dronebase is better for that

Reactions: Scott Gehlhoff
I really dig their set up and the platform looks pretty good but they just require so much information it's unnerving. Like pilot license #, insurance, and maybe a PayPal account is one thing but W-9 and bank account info is a little much.
The pilots license doesn't bother me, that's all public record, but the SSN and bank account does. I think I'm going to set up a business account for drone ops anyway.

Well, do you know of any employer that doesn't require your ssn? I mean they are paying you for a service that obviously is not an under the table cash deal, so it will actually be more suspicious if they don't ask for that info. As to the bank account, I would open up a dedicated account just for that particular depositor, which I guess also allows for you to keep better accounting for that part of your income.

Well, do you know of any employer that doesn't require your ssn? I mean they are paying you for a service that obviously is not an under the table cash deal, so it will actually be more suspicious if they don't ask for that info. As to the bank account, I would open up a dedicated account just for that particular depositor, which I guess also allows for you to keep better accounting for that part of your income.
They specifically state you'll be an independent contractor. If you have to provide them a w-9 then I'm ok with that but I'm looking for reassurance that they're legit.

Yeah I mean i'm glad they require so much information to get started I think most companies should do that, especially in this business. Just wanted to see if anyone had some experience with accepting jobs or getting paid from them before I get all signed up. Pretty sure I will but hey why not ask first.

Last edited:
I did the W-9 form, licensing, and insurance and did not do the bank information. They sent me an email saying everything was revised and accepted, and I was now eligible to be set up for jobs. So I am assuming I won't need the bank info till they need to pay me after a job. I suppose I shall wait and see.

I did it all, W9, license, SSN, bank info. All approved so now I'll wait and see if any jobs pop up or they drain my accounts and kidnap my first born.

I'll report back with any changes

Reactions: ajobmusee
Talked to member of the Skyswoop team today, extremely nice and helpful, I'm looking forward to working with these guys!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters