Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Slave Controller Loss Of Video - Master Still Clear

Check how the Slave is connecting to the Inspire. I assume that it is set on Auto. You can try to put the mode to custom and set a channel and a transmission rate. See if that helps. You may have to have both the Master and Slave on Custom.

Check how the Slave is connecting to the Inspire. I assume that it is set on Auto. You can try to put the mode to custom and set a channel and a transmission rate. See if that helps. You may have to have both the Master and Slave on Custom.

I have a theory as to what might be happening here with the loss of the 2nd controller video feed many folks have reported (and I have experienced myself)

Could it be that an "auto" channel change between AC and master RC occurs and the slave RC isn't notified of the new channel? Hence it's listening on the "old" channel for it's video feed from the AC but of course that feed isn't there anymore?

I understand switching to "custom" mode might avoid the issue, but "auto" is particularly useful to help ensure a strong signal when conditions change and it's a bug that the 2nd controller isn't notified of the channel change?

Reactions: Gary Bateman
Thanks for all of the replies everyone. Sorry I have not commented back sooner, I was out of town on vacation. I do know that I I had my controller on auto, but the camera controller, I am not sure of. My goofy brother has been the "cameraman" and I didn't even think that he may have messed with his side.. I will check that first thing the next time we fly together. Will report back after next dual flight..

Was happening to me yesterday as well. Latest firmware on everything. Slave just cut out intermittently, usually at 500ft or so. Master was fine. Happened both on auto and custom.

It's my understanding that the slave controller doesn't have an option to switch channels manually? Am I wrong on that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right, that's what I thought. I was just reading some conflicting information above so wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. If you set the master to custom channel xx, then you don't need to (and are not able to) manually set the channel on the slave to channel xx as well.

Was happening to me yesterday as well. Latest firmware on everything. Slave just cut out intermittently, usually at 500ft or so. Master was fine. Happened both on auto and custom.

It's my understanding that the slave controller doesn't have an option to switch channels manually? Am I wrong on that?

The issue that appears to have been fixed is a cut out of the video feed on the slave controller and it never comes back. The and running theory was that when I am set to auto and a channel change occurred the new channel was not propagated to the slave controller.

Yes you are experiencing intermittent radio loss on the slave controller but the signal returns it's likely a separate issue.

Oh and of course doublecheck that the slave controllers antennas are properly oriented towards the aircraft etc.

I am using 2 epad air 2's and i was getting video drop out on the slave and some gerking
but the videos are ok some glitches (who knows why)

Oh and of course doublecheck that the slave controllers antennas are properly oriented towards the aircraft etc.

Maybe it's as simple as that. I was earlier under the impression that the master controller was sending the video to my slave, so perhaps I was turning around a bit to see the screen better not thinking about the long-range transmission directly from the craft to the slave controller. The video comes back and the recording doesn't stop, so could definitely be my own user error. Will test further and see how it goes!

Reactions: damoncooper
I am having the same issue with my slave controller. I am running the updated firmware with two iPad Mini 2 for the master and slave remote. The master signal is strong barely a flicker. The slave losses connection quite frequently. I have an inquiry with DJI. Haven't heard anything yet.

Maybe it's as simple as that. I was earlier under the impression that the master controller was sending the video to my slave, so perhaps I was turning around a bit to see the screen better not thinking about the long-range transmission directly from the craft to the slave controller. The video comes back and the recording doesn't stop, so could definitely be my own user error. Will test further and see how it goes!

I don't think it's user error. My antennas were directed toward the Inspire and I still had the problem.

No useful info from me yet... I still have not had a chance to do another multi controller flight since the last responses that I had entered.. lol..

I had the same issues on mine. I sent it in for other issues and they replaced the controller. Not sure if that means there was an issue with that controller ir what but no issues now.

I had the same issues on mine. I sent it in for other issues and they replaced the controller. Not sure if that means there was an issue with that controller ir what but no issues now.

Interesting ...

I'm glad you're no longer experiencing the intermittent video signal drop that the rest of us are plagued with (on your slave controller in a dual controller setup). I'm pretty jealous. Later this week I'll be flying with my camera operator. I'm going to try running a long HDMI cable from my master controller to the HDMI monitor mounted on slave controller to eliminate the intermittent video signal drop.

I'll follow up with my results.

yeah, I retested yesterday since I got it back and no issues whatsoever. The only time it dropped was when the first one dropped signal and I was way out further than i probably should of been.

The other thing to remember if I recall the conversation correctly controller 2 gets its signal from the first controller, not the I1.

I know when I had my problem it didn't matter it my I1 was 5ft, 500 ft, or 5000 ft away it was a roll of hte dice if it was going to keep connection, but the first controller was as advertised and expected depending on the environment,.

The other thing to remember if I recall the conversation correctly controller 2 gets its signal from the first controller, not the I1.

With whom did you have that specific conversation with? It's my understanding that the video signal is transmitted from the bird to the controllers (either the master or slave).

upload_2015-5-18_20-6-42.png

Attachments

• dual controller setup.png
    dual controller setup.png
    826.4 KB · Views: 10
With whom did you have that specific conversation with? It's my understanding that the video signal is transmitted from the bird to the controllers (either the master or slave).

View attachment 1791
it was with two different techs and one staff member at CES. When I was talking with their tech department about this issue I also thought it got video from the i1 directly.but was corrected every time. However the second controller from what was explains to me does directly control the gimbal

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan