Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Slow down active braking

Reaction score
I was on my first flight since i made the firmware upgrade to 1.4, and my second flight overall.
I noticed that the braking on the Inspire 1 is extreme, every time i want to stop the Inspire 1 and i carefully let go of the throttle it jerks like crazy in the opposite direction before it comes to an halt. Every time it did that i was afraid that a prop would fly off. I was flying in GPS mode.

So i want to slow down the active braking, the brake can be adjusted between 70-130 and is currently on 100, i wonder if 70 is enough? I want it about the same way as on the Phantom 2.

My question is about the parameter "Sensitivity" - "Attitude", is this parameter affecting the smoothness of the braking? It goes from 20-100 and its currently on 100. Should i change this parameter as well?

P.S. Instead of starting a new thread i will ask about another thing that happened while i was flying and the craft was on about 100 meters altitude, all of a sudden the app screen went totally green for like 2 seconds. Is this a known problem and what is the reason for this?

Thanks in advance.

Sensitive and attitude are gonna affect the linear parameters or input that the stick will provide. Lower them and remote will be smooth. Be careful on lowering the brakes. You never know when you need to stop on a dime. Unplug the stick. .. need it longer to have more control. And pinch the stick. The thumb is not that sensitive.

Reactions: Hercules_One
Sensitive and attitude are gonna affect the linear parameters or input that the stick will provide. Lower them and remote will be smooth. Be careful on lowering the brakes. You never know when you need to stop on a dime. Unplug the stick. .. need it longer to have more control. And pinch the stick. The thumb is not that sensitive.
I use thumb, I want to try the pinch but is so counter intuitive for us who is not a RC enthusiast (wll, my case anyway).

I also use thumbs. So lowering the Attitude setting will help with the braking issue?

So to what number can i go down safely on the braking parameter? Anybody else that has lowered the braking, if so how much?

I also use thumbs. So lowering the Attitude setting will help with the braking issue?

So to what number can i go down safely on the braking parameter? Anybody else that has lowered the braking, if so how much?
I assume you do NOT mean throttle (left stick in mode 2) but right stick?
If abrupt braking IS happening on release of throttle, something isn't right.
Assuming you mean right stick, then the dynamic/reverse emf braking was introduced on the Inspire to aid the heavier quad stop quickly (in GPS mode) rather than continue past its reference point and then recover back to where the stick was released.
For some, the abrupt braking can be disconcerting but it is within the design parameters of the tuned propulsion system of the Inspire.
If you want less aggressive braking (but more overshoot) you can turn the braking value down but I would suggest you only do so in increments of say 5%. Then test in a wide open space.
Other gain parameters should only be adjusted if you have an understanding of what they will do - they will alter the flight dynamics of the craft quite considerably.
Although, you can always try adjusting values and flying the SIM of course - be warned though......real world flight is always a little different to the SIM.

Ditto.
Turning the brake down will smooth the breaking, and in cinematic shots you feel the delicate gradual descent of speed and look like a pro when you switch directions. Master your pinch skills on the sim, with Atti and heavy wind. Unplug and prolong the stick regulating the double bolt and adjust, make full length.
Lowering the brakes will permanently affect the stop momentum, and GPS stop will become a lot like flying ATTI.
Imagine driving a car in ice with slick tires or in a oiled tarmac, no control but gentle glide in any direction, sure is fun and smooth, but you loose control and it's a permanent condition.
ATTI provides the same effect.
Do not mess with the brakes.
Letting go the stick and let the AC control the position, (stop and hold) via GPS is a miracle in terms of flight control.
Sure you need to depend on this tool when the unwanted object is on the flying path or you loose real control.
Pinch and extend. Use ATTI and practice on the Sim.

I know exactly what you mean OP, I turned my active braking down to 90 and it definitely stops less violently, but of course still stops. It many not stop in the same amount of distance but the extreme 'braking' at 100% was a little disconcerting to me as well. I have a few flights on 90% braking and I definitely prefer this setting.

I assume you do NOT mean throttle (left stick in mode 2) but right stick?
If abrupt braking IS happening on release of throttle, something isn't right.
Assuming you mean right stick, then the dynamic/reverse emf braking was introduced on the Inspire to aid the heavier quad stop quickly (in GPS mode) rather than continue past its reference point and then recover back to where the stick was released.
For some, the abrupt braking can be disconcerting but it is within the design parameters of the tuned propulsion system of the Inspire.
If you want less aggressive braking (but more overshoot) you can turn the braking value down but I would suggest you only do so in increments of say 5%. Then test in a wide open space.
Other gain parameters should only be adjusted if you have an understanding of what they will do - they will alter the flight dynamics of the craft quite considerably.
Although, you can always try adjusting values and flying the SIM of course - be warned though......real world flight is always a little different to the SIM.

Yes i mean the stick that moves the craft forward, i guess you are correct it is the right stick.

I would rather not mess with any of those parameters, but i just feel the braking is too much when the whole craft violently jerks at stop, sure its a good thing to have it stop immediately, i would understand if it jerked after a stop in fast speed, but i feel it stops thats aggressively even after a pretty slow speed, i can't imagine that being necessary to the same grade at slower speeds?
Maybe its me who is not careful enough on the sticks.

Anyway, i think i will do what The Editor said and try to lower the brake with 5 percent , and not touch any other parameters.

Last edited:
Reactions: AndrewH

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44