Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Slow/poor centring…

Reaction score
Received my Osmo today and just had a quick try.

The first thing i'm noticing is that the re-centering on the pan axis and to some extent the tilt axis is very sluggish and on the pan axis particularly it never seems to completely re-centre - requiring a double click of the trigger - which isn't a recipe for smooth footage.

Just wondered whether anyone else has experience this and whether there's a fix?

I was hoping that this would be at least as good as my feiyutech G4 Ultra gimbal, but my initial feelings are a bit flat now…

You have to set your gimbal control in c1 or c2 and adjust all pan and tilt speed for a better experience. I felt the same way as you in the beginning. But after adjusting back and forth the setting I was able to find the sweet spot.

Firstly I needed to do a nice good gimbal calibration before having good results.
Then the pan not recentering exactly is there precisely to give smoother footage by allowing for some leeway instead of being an *** about always coming back dead center and causing unwanted movement in the process. You don't like the recentering via double press, you'd like it even less if it was happening on its own and you had no choice.

And yes the response has quite a few configurable parameters for you to tweak.

Firstly I needed to do a nice good gimbal calibration before having good results.
Then the pan not recentering exactly is there precisely to give smoother footage by allowing for some leeway instead of being an *** about always coming back dead center and causing unwanted movement in the process. You don't like the recentering via double press, you'd like it even less if it was happening on its own and you had no choice.

And yes the response has quite a few configurable parameters for you to tweak.

Might have to disagree with you there… never returning to centre (or level or vertical on the other axis') isn't a feature it's a fault and have never been touted as a feature of any DJI (or other manufacturer's) gimbals before. I've always assumed the idea of a gimbal was to keep the camera level and pointing where you want it to ;-).

I can understand it maybe slowing as it returns, but it should always return to centre.

I regularly use a FY-G4 ultra gimbal with a GoPro and have never had an issue with it's timely return to centre on any axis.

A natural return to centre isn't anything like the 'snap' you get with a double click return.

Either way, my reseller has been good enough to ship out a new unit - so i'll reserve judgement until i try that one.

Reactions: Ward Paterson

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669