Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

SLR Magic 8mm f/4 not working

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
today i got the 8mm f/4 SLR Magic lens,
but i ran into a problem.

On Inspire 1 RAW ver. 2.0:
In the app window i get the message 'cannot detect camera lens" , 3.jpg
i tried updating the lens profile but it kept 'acquiring lens info" 4.jpg
When i just hit the record button nothing happens,

On Osmo:
When i hit the record button nothing happens, (it is not bright red as normal) also the ssd keeps "initializing' picture 1.jpg

When i change the lens to a 14-42 Olympus it all works again. picture 2.jpg
Any thoughts?

Kind regards
Ernst

It will never detect the lens because it is fully manual with no electronics to detect. I have one on my Inspire2 X5S and it gives me the "lens not detected" message but I do get an image and it works normally less the ability to focus and set aperture. Those you have to do manually before you take off.

Ok, thanks for the reply,
my problem is that when i hit the record button nothing happens
so i am not able to record video.

It works, you just need to start up the drone or osmo with a compatible lens, then switch it out while its activated still with the SLR magic lens.....its a hassle, but I was able to shoot this with it:

It works, you just need to start up the drone or osmo with a compatible lens, then switch it out while its activated still with the SLR magic lens.....its a hassle, but I was able to shoot this with it:

Great editing, grading and composition! Love your work, especially Ethereal City!

Reactions: xzoticskillz

Any chance of damaging the gimbal by hot swapping?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
topproorityhealthcare