Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

SMH (Drone crashes at U.S. Open)

At first, she thought it might be a bomb.Quote 1
"If there had been spectators, it would have hit them and done a lot of damage," Pennetta said.
Jesus let that girl playing tennis instead of saying such things.
If,if I had no ***** I would be girl.

Reactions: SightGeist
It sounded like he was arrested. If he intentionally fly into the U.S. Open I hope they throw the book at him! Make an example to the rest of the morons out there!! :mad:

Reactions: SightGeist
He is Very lucky no one was sitting where it crashed! I can't believe anyone could be stupid enough to think there is nothing wrong about flying over the U.S. Open while there is play going on! They don't even want whispers out of the people watching and he thinks it ok to be buzzing overhead of some of the best tennis players in the world!
Makes us all look like a$$holes no matter how safe and considerate the majority of us are! Not good!! :confused:

They could maybe slap him with reckless endangerment but otherwise, I'm not sure what laws he broke. I'm fairly sure the stadium for the US Open holds less than 30,000 so there isn't a TFR over the venue.
Reckless endangerment and LaGuardia airport is less than 3 miles away. So depending on his altitude he could have an airspace infraction as well if he didn't contact the airport before flying.

When you think you have seen the worst of it, a bigger idiot materializes.

Let's make a list of the things he should have known:
1. I'm a teacher I should set an example
2. I'm a technologist I should have known how fragile these systems are and realized the probability of failure.
3. I'm just a decent human being I should have known that flying over a venue with 4 high-speed propellers would mark me as an uncaring, narcissistic douche

This is the part that ticks me off!! (He was a teacher at the Academy of Innovative Technology in Brooklyn.) He should have known better!!

This is the part that ticks me off!! (He was a teacher at the Academy of Innovative Technology in Brooklyn.) He should have known better!!
Here is the full story.. Watch a Drone Crash into the Stands at U.S. Open - Inside Edition
The drone operator at the us open was charged with wreck less endangerment. .sounds pretty expensive. .
apparently there are already laws in place to deal with this kind of pilot ..
Also on inside edition there was a case about a guy who filmed outside of a hospital and was charged for unlawful spying or something like that and was found not guilty by a jury trial... hopefully this case will help other pilots who face similar charges stay out of jail in Florida and California. .
I'm curious if anyone knows what caused the solo to crash ??
Funny that the gimble (if it had one) and the camera detached upon impact. .cha ching...

Reactions: Blue Bird
The FAA and court case will determine the exact cause

A likely cause of this crash was the interference of the broadcast equipment.

Have flown over broadcast equipment with immediate loss of signal.

This guy did not consider the possibility of radio interference.

Reactions: turbodronepilot
Stupid, dumb,know it all IDIOT.
It's FW's like this that make it difficult for us to obtain an Operators Certificate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
THE FLYING LIZARD