Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

So, we're all grounded.

Why are people freaking out so bad about this ? check your equipment before you fly and you will be fine. if props were flying off left and right there would of been a **** load of inspires that hit the ground from prop loss as well surely video. As for the firmware I did not have a issue before. so i sure hope the new firmware makes my inspire at the very least fly the same as it did if not better if thats possible some how. Again Props are not just flying off for no reason. IF DJI was truly worried they would not have provided a new firm ware that makes it fly better they wold of waited until the prop locks whatever those are going to be were out. But to each there own. So anyone have a picture or idea what this prop lock will be or look like?

Reactions: GizaDog
If DJI is issuing prop locks to all customers, then they're taking it seriously enough. Good for them for taking this course of action, but after a botched release, this is just more of the same. At this point I have very little confidence in the Inspire. Will it fly? Probably. Will I have a problem? I sure as heck hope not, but I would like to feel comfortably saying "Probably not" and I'm not.

If DJI is issuing prop locks to all customers, then they're taking it seriously enough. Good for them for taking this course of action, but after a botched release, this is just more of the same. At this point I have very little confidence in the Inspire. Will it fly? Probably. Will I have a problem? I sure as heck hope not, but I would like to feel comfortably saying "Probably not" and I'm not.
I felt the same way about the confidence statement, but after finding out there are at least 1000 inspire1's out ( think that's what Tahoe Ed said )and we've only heard of a few having issues. .That has brought my confidence level back up after hearing that..I have been on board with the inspire 1 all the way ,although when I heard about the vibration issue and 50 hr service I thought of jumping ship..I'm excited again and can't wait until I get mine..

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I think people are "Freaking Out" because of several issues that are coming out...loose frames (vibration)...props falling off...yaw problems...50 hours and back to the factory at our expense, etc.

These things, coupled with the fact that I'm calling my certified DJI dealer about some of these issues and they don't know anything...no communication from DJI...freaks me out.

Having said that, I've already taken the plunge...getting my Inspire today...I'm totally psyched. I just want to be sure my investment ($4,000 - Inspire, batteries, I Pad) is not at risk, having gone through some unnecessary Phantom crashes due to lack of good, informed communication.

Bringing all these issues to our attention in this forum, and providing solutions or next steps...is extremely helpful.

There are several posts on this forum that show how great the Inspire is...great performance and most important, great images!

But thanks to this forum, before I even attempt to fly, I've got a comprehensive inspection check list that has not been provided by DJI and/or my dealer.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
I think people are "Freaking Out" because of several issues that are coming out...loose frames (vibration)...props falling off...yaw problems...50 hours and back to the factory at our expense, etc.

These things, coupled with the fact that I'm calling my certified DJI dealer about some of these issues and they don't know anything...no communication from DJI...freaks me out.

Having said that, I've already taken the plunge...getting my Inspire today...I'm totally psyched. I just want to be sure my investment ($4,000 - Inspire, batteries, I Pad) is not at risk, having gone through some unnecessary Phantom crashes due to lack of good, informed communication.

Bringing all these issues to our attention in this forum, and providing solutions or next steps...is extremely helpful.

There are several posts on this forum that show how great the Inspire is...great performance and most important, great images!

But thanks to this forum, before I even attempt to fly, I've got a comprehensive inspection check list that has not been provided by DJI and/or my dealer.
Hey mike.. I'm right behind you..amazon has postponed the inspire release to 2-1-15 I'm guessing do to the propeller issue. .I guess it's all about how you look at it..I think it's rad the the inspire 1 is so high performance it blows props off..most of the issues are minor but because dji is not transparent we freak out..enjoy your new inspire1...happy flying. ..

Keep in mind some things don't translate well. I suspect we will be getting something like this:

main_1384700890_DJI%252520Phantom_Vision%252520Prop%252520Tool%252520-%252520Main__14548.1405400290.500.659.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84