Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

So What's the top speed of the I2?

Reaction score
When 1st released, DJI advertised 67 mph. Then in the other docs on the website, the speed was listed in the 50's. Now i see a YouTuber showing max speed on his app at 45 mph
c0985b4da202f73c3e675a8381c4c0d0.jpg
. YouTube review at Helisauce.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

So the darn thing Can fly with just 1? I thought it was just for a short make it back on limping power back up.

So the darn thing Can fly with just 1? I thought it was just for a short make it back on limping power back up.

That's what I thought as well, but somehow he was able to takeoff and fly with just one battery installed. I think I read about a member on here flying with only one battery as well, but it's not advisable. The craft was designed for two, so that's how I'll be flying mine.

Sent from my iPhone using InspirePilots

There is a review that gives flight times of both One and Two batteries.
See:
At 4:40 they do a single battery test.

We were flying our dealer demo today in an area that was too restricted to let it climb to full speed but it got to about 40 fairly quick before having to back it down. Tomorrow morning we will have more room where we are at and will see what it gets up to. Will post updated results here sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Reactions: SanCap
Flew again today and got about 40mph again in P mode - then switched to S (sport) mode and was just under 62mph. We were flying without the X5S so that will add a little weight and a little drag. It is so fast and so quiet....an absolute blast to fly. In sport mode it really pitches over much further and has amazing acceleration and an impressive top speed.

Flew again today and got about 40mph again in P mode - then switched to S (sport) mode and was just under 62mph. We were flying without the X5S so that will add a little weight and a little drag. It is so fast and so quiet....an absolute blast to fly. In sport mode it really pitches over much further and has amazing acceleration and an impressive top speed.

Awesome! Glad to hear it! Is it really much quieter?

I think so - also might be a bit lower pitch. The extra 2 inches in prop size is great. Flying 60mph at 100 feet it was just a quick hum as it passed overhead. But also hovering low it was not loud at all.

DJI store specs is now showing 67mph top speed, with 1-3 day shipment after payment confirmed. Has DJI now revised speed back to 67, or is this a mistake?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

DJI store specs is now showing 67mph top speed, with 1-3 day shipment after payment confirmed. Has DJI now revised speed back to 67, or is this a mistake?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

i hope it was revised back and speed will be 108km/h :)
would have great advandage of it in rally car racing :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well with no wind, mine topped at 67 mph. With an approximate 5 mph wind I was able to hit 70 mph going with the wind but did about 61 mph going into the wind. Both times I was in atti mode.

I had the controller displaying 86mph horizontal on Sunday (Sport mode). I was at 400 feet so Inspire probably caught a gust of wind. No wind at ground level.

EDIT - Had the X4s attached too

I had the controller displaying 86mph horizontal on Sunday (Sport mode). I was at 400 feet so Inspire probably caught a gust of wind. No wind at ground level.

EDIT - Had the X4s attached too
86 MPH seem quite out of the norm. I like many others have "topped out" at the mid 60's

Reactions: amorrison
Be aware of future updates I say.Remember the update wich slowed down the Inspire 1

There is a known issue in the GO app where sometimes it will display KPH numbers even though you have it set to MPH.

There is a known issue in the GO app where sometimes it will display KPH numbers even though you have it set to MPH.
That could have been the case if the wind had been against me not with me like I thought. I'm not sure, it seemed normal on the speed display and I watched it slow all the way down to 0mph horizontal. I'd been getting steady 61-62mph just before that nearer the ground with no wind.

I'm having problems finding a good size place to fly but when I next get a chance to use sport mode I'll let you know what I get.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeddyBirkb