Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Some footage I captured and edited for a friend. Shot in New York City.

That is a great video and I wish the people that always seem to try to make trouble for others would concentrate on their business. Clearly they are not doing well and have to lash out at others. Maybe if they put their efforts into their work rather than trying to hurt others they would be doing better. I wonder if they have ever had a small aircraft fly over there home? I have this happen on a daily basis and I would guess one of them falling out of the sky is much more likely to happen then a UAS hitting me. One thing I also wonder is most of these people say they are doing it to protect others. If that is the case do they dial 911 every time they see someone run a stop sign or red light? How about speeding? I would think they would save more lives by reporting this kind of violation.

Last edited:
Nice video. Given the focal length of the lens, you couldn't be more than 75-100 ft over the roof... Would hope to never see a manned craft buzz that close unless it was an emergency services aircraft. Thant said, in Manhattan, I think you can always expect the practice to raise eyebrows. There has just been too many hobbyists doing too many silly things and getting in too deep.

Again, nice video. Agree that you probably only needed 1/2 the ariel footage and maybe a but more ground supported work to fill in. Did you have an OSMO there to attach your X5?
Thank you for the compliment and the feedback! I was using the X3 actually. I used to have an osmo but I sold it so I was just hand holding the I1 in that clip.

Despite the negative vibe (on thread) I feel the video looks good and promotes the hero being the exercise class.... Client would be super happy with the results. Well done.

Reactions: SightGeist
That is a great video and I wish the people that always seem to try to make trouble for others would concentrate on their business. Clearly they are not doing well and have to lash out at others. Maybe if they put their efforts into their work rather than trying to hurt others they would be doing better. I wonder if they have ever had a small aircraft fly over there home? I have this happen on a daily basis and I would guess one of them falling out of the sky is much more likely to happen then a UAS hitting me. One thing I also wonder is most of these people say they are doing it to protect others. If that is the case do they dial 911 every time they see someone run a stop sign or red light? How about speeding? I would think they would save more lives by reporting this kind of violation.
Couldn't agree more @jon b. For the most part the drone community is great although unfortunately there are some in it that have self appointed themselves the "drone police". It's one thing to try and lend people a helping hand or give some general advice, it's another thing to be a judgmental and condescending troll.

Nice footage and I am not piling on with the legal stuff, but I do have a question. I was under the impression that fly zones aside that I was not allowed to fly over builds without notify the owner and people inside, not to mention that thousands of other you flew over on approach. Again I am not slapping you around, but looking for clarification. I've in NYC for years on and off and have always wanted to get some beautiful magic hour city stuff, but refrained because I didn't think there was any way to legally do it 333 exempt or not.

As far as I know, you're not suppose to be flying within 500' of anyone that hasn't given consent. Is this true? Commercially speaking. Asking for my own benefit, not to bash anyone, video looked good though, nice music too!

If that's the case then he's out of Class Bravo, at the launch point at least. B airspace begins a few blocks east.

However there are 12 heliports within 5 miles and it's a built up area. The FAA expect model fliers to notify any heliport with a phone number prior to flight. Definitely a tricky area to fly.

09baab726a99def386ceca13add28801.jpg
c14fbe4090652c86e5fb2eb52feceed1.jpg
4407ed36ae6d9fbf549503ff33037566.jpg

Could you please share this app / website from which these screenshots were taken?
Thanks.

Nice footage and I am not piling on with the legal stuff, but I do have a question. I was under the impression that fly zones aside that I was not allowed to fly over builds without notify the owner and people inside, not to mention that thousands of other you flew over on approach. Again I am not slapping you around, but looking for clarification. I've in NYC for years on and off and have always wanted to get some beautiful magic hour city stuff, but refrained because I didn't think there was any way to legally do it 333 exempt or not.
As far as I know, you're not suppose to be flying within 500' of anyone that hasn't given consent. Is this true? Commercially speaking. Asking for my own benefit, not to bash anyone, video looked good though, nice music too!

Thanks! I am no authority on this subject but I would recommend you take a good hard look at the differences between flying with and without a 333.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar