Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

some newbie questions(sorry)!

Reaction score
hi,i have a inspire 1 pro with the X5 and I find that in forward flight and turns i get a slight motoin blurr, I'm flying in auto camera settings. is there a better setting that would reduce this problem?

also,when taking stills do you have to touch the screen first to get the photo in focus?(when it makes that beep to confirm) as I've taken some and they were out of focus! i have done the focus setup.

i have been flying a vision plus 2 for about 3 years and have never had these problems! I never get video motion blurr in fast forward flight or out of focus photos!

thanks for all your help

Flying 24fps your shutter speed should be 1/48.
Flying 30fps your shutter speed should be 1/60.
Flying 60fps your shutter speed should be 1/120
Flying in 120fps your shutter speed should be 1/240

Recognize the pattern? Your shutter speed should be twice your fps. There's no reason to shoot in Auto unless you want unpredictable results. You will need to pick up some ND filters because during certain times of day you'll need to reduce your expose as much as 5 stops to maintain optimal shutter speed.

Reactions: JAG1
Flying 24fps your shutter speed should be 1/48.
Flying 30fps your shutter speed should be 1/60.
Flying 60fps your shutter speed should be 1/120
Flying in 120fps your shutter speed should be 1/240

Recognize the pattern? Your shutter speed should be twice your fps. There's no reason to shoot in Auto unless you want unpredictable results. You will need to pick up some ND filters because during certain times of day you'll need to reduce your expose as much as 5 stops to maintain optimal shutter speed.
Hi that's great thank you. So as I'm a total newbie what do you recommend to get me started? Because at the moment the results I'm getting are to blurry on the turns!

Also,do you have to touch the monitor each time to make sure still / video are in focus?

Many thanks

I don't have an X5 only an X3 however you should be able to set your focus to infinity at least until you begin to get results that you're happy with at which point you can begin to work on specialized focus strategies. If you're only go to use your videos on the web and are just "practicing". I don't see why Full HD (1920x1080) at 60fps (for the best quality slow mo footage), shutter speed 1/120, isn't enough resolution for you to get your feet wet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc