Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Some people REALLY do not deserve an Inspire 1

Everybody take a deep breath. Ming is a good guy. He presses the envelope on not only the Inspire but other craft. He is a dealer and what he does with his craft is of no consequence to any of us. If he wants to grind it up in little pieces what do we care. He is not promoting what he does to others. In fact he has stated numerous times that he does not recommend others follow his path. I am not sure what more he can do other than crawl into a hole and never post again. Just my $.02.

Tahoe Ed you are right ,and as I mentioned above it is his craft and his money ,on another hand sometime as a owner of the same product you can benefit from this kind of tests. I remember when first Nikon D3 pro cameras come out there was a guy on DP review forum (until now I have no idea what he was going to prove ) who was throwing that camera from certain highest from up to third floor to the ground, to see how much it would withstand ( I thing it was more of publicity than science ).
Guess who did benefit from this test ; the guy lost over 3K in camera gear and I was more careful handling my camera ,because I had graphic evidence what would happen in case it hits the ground .

Last edited:
Sometime it is good idea to read a comments associated with video to understand or have a idea what is going on ,before any judgement .
This guy dropped the craft in to the salt water and his intention to save the electronics was to wash it with clean water before drying it off.
I guess I would do the same thing .
Actually I saw some video of this guys testing it with these foam ball (is that good idea? I don't know ,but at the end it is his mony/expense .

Wouldn't be better if he uses Isopropyl alcohol?

Im interested in setting up this mod in my inspire, however I have no idea where to pull the power from for the camera and video TX. Could anyone point me in the right direction. Also, what is the extra 6pin slot above the IMU in the nose-cone used for?

Much thanks

bit rash, don't ya think? I support anyone trying to mod/alter and test this product. If no one does, we will have to all wait for DJI to make any upgrades. when did a company enhance a product better/faster than the community that supports it?

Not in the tech industry.

Regarding the .stl file for 3D printing, why not share it? I mean, get the approval of the creator, but allow them to print it themselves. My drone arrive next week. Once I make some measurements I plan on putting my designs on here for others with 3D printers

As someone who regularly flies over the ocean, I would do the same if I dunked my i1 into the salt water.
Not saying it would fly afterwards, but I would be doing everything I could to salvage any part of it.

Regarding the .stl file for 3D printing, why not share it? I mean, get the approval of the creator, but allow them to print it themselves. My drone arrive next week. Once I make some measurements I plan on putting my designs on here for others with 3D printers
I agree. The 3D printing community is really open source-minded and share-friendly (see thingiverse.com). ???

@The Editor you got your I1 as a prize or award?
who you think would "deserve" an I1?
OMG..........

I cant understand how Im still surprised about something i can read in this forum, maybe my surprise is that any other square mind haven't supported

dont take it personal, i admire your participation on this forum and your knowledge, but, but..... this kind of thread started by you? a staff member?.....
sorry i have to support @johnmont250 reporting this thread

Reactions: BroxAg
I sprung a leak in a underwater dive camera case with a Canon 650 DSLR while diving in the Red Sea, got to back on the boat removed the battery and put the camera in fresh water, rinsed a few time, rapped up in a towel and left it in the sun for the next 2 days, refitted the battery and bingo it works even 3 years later. Had I not well you can guess I would have had to bin it.

@The Editor you got your I1 as a prize or award?
who you think would "deserve" an I1?
OMG..........

I cant understand how Im still surprised about something i can read in this forum, maybe my surprise is that any other square mind haven't supported

dont take it personal, i admire your participation on this forum and your knowledge, but, but..... this kind of thread started by you? a staff member?.....
sorry i have to support @johnmont250 reporting this thread

To his credit this was posted MONTHS ago and we have learned a lot since then including who and why. It was a "shock post" and he jumped to a conclusion and shared. He was also not a moderator back then, I know you have no way of knowing so just an fyi. I must say though, I am surprised at people getting so upset about it. I like him and all but... who cares what he thinks?

I guess if you didn't know he was not a staff member back then it could make some sense. He is a good dude though.

To his credit this was posted MONTHS ago and we have learned a lot since then including who and why. It was a "shock post" and he jumped to a conclusion and shared. He was also not a moderator back then, I know you have no way of knowing so just an fyi. I must say though, I am surprised at people getting so upset about it. I like him and all but... who cares what he thinks?

I guess if you didn't know he was not a staff member back then it could make some sense. He is a good dude though.
in fact i didnt even realized that video was old, after the controversy and the report i thought this thread would not survive more than a few days

please dont misunderstand my words, i like him also, he is constantly helping everyone and i appreciate that, but what i dont like, and makes me upset, is when i perceive some kind of "box" (It is the buzzword), so everyone else who is not doing exactly what "you" are doing, is a stupid, a person without common-sense, a person who dont follow the rules, a person who dont "deserve" an Inspire1

about who cares what he thinks, i do care, as i care about what everyone here thinks, many of you have many more experience than me (99% of you) and thats why i ask to all of you for advises or suggestion when i have some problem or concern, after that, if i do or do not whatever you suggest, its my own problem, its clear as water

but jumping around, preaching some laws and rules that only apply for some of you, and making feel as "heretic" to all of us who still enjoy the pleasure of flying without any law/rule, even when we took every single precaution, not just to keep our "toys"/investions, also not to cause any accident, that is what i really dont like

Reactions: Lucan
The utter stupidity of some specimens of the human race never fails to amaze me sometimes.
It's all about watering down the gene pool I guess.....
Talking of water, take at look at this ->

I won't even mention the VTX and Skew Planar Ant right where the Compass/GPS/Lightbridge sits.

I give up :rolleyes: clearly more money than brain cells.

"The utter stupidity of some specimens of the human race never fails to amaze me sometimes."

You said you stand by this opinion? Maybe you quickly wrote up that comment without much thought and submitted it...

What is there to stand by?

You are not going to retract this daft statement?

Most of us on these forums have opinions, but at least we can back them up with facts, which in this case I challenge you to back this opinion up with facts to benefit the forum. If you won't back that "opinion" up, then it's nothing more than an ignorant comment that really has no use for this forum.

Just admit you were wrong, it tells more about your character.

Reactions: Lucan and tuxevil
I just find it amazing what people get their panties in a wad over. Can't you all read something you don't like and not be "Offended" by it? If you all wouldn't have been offended and had to say so, I would never have seen the post and got a good laugh over the way you all want to shut someone up over something as stupid as this. When I saw it without the benefit of the additional information I thought the guy was crazy too. Now people are challenging others to back up opinions, Dude really? You back up facts, opinions are exactly that, personal thoughts. Opinion:an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective. Who made you the thought and word police to challenge anyone? Toughen up buttercup and if you don't like the thread, then move on.

I just find it amazing what people get their panties in a wad over. Can't you all read something you don't like and not be "Offended" by it? If you all wouldn't have been offended and had to say so, I would never have seen the post and got a good laugh over the way you all want to shut someone up over something as stupid as this. When I saw it without the benefit of the additional information I thought the guy was crazy too. Now people are challenging others to back up opinions, Dude really? You back up facts, opinions are exactly that, personal thoughts. Opinion:an opinion is a judgment, viewpoint, or statement about matters commonly considered to be subjective. Who made you the thought and word police to challenge anyone? Toughen up buttercup and if you don't like the thread, then move on.

Actually I'm not offended. But I also call people out with crazy opinions too. I am the self-appointed thought and word police as well, so get used to it.

Also, some of us are not push-over's like you buttercup ;)

No, it's just for an fpv camera. The original cone is very hard to drill without making it look like hell.

I wouldn't suggest to put all fpv gear in the nose cone though. Just the camera and have the tx off the rear of the battery compartment. I'm even planning to use copper foil around the camera, just to play it safe.;)
Quick question, not sure if it's a stupid question or not but why use copper foil around the camera? Only reason I ask is because I was thinking of doing something similar.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
codymorgan