Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Some sunrise shots

Reaction score
Spring is in the air, fog begins to collect above the river and golf courses in Edmonton Canada.
**** lens flare is pretty ugly though

Attachments

• Sunrise (1 of 4).jpg
    Sunrise (1 of 4).jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 49
  • Sunrise (3 of 4).jpg
    Sunrise (3 of 4).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 56
  • Sunrise (4 of 4).jpg
    8.1 MB · Views: 21
Lens Flare is cool! It is amazing how may TV commercials either have flare or add it. Nice work.
Normally I don't mind it in video but the flare on this lens I feel detracts from the photos at times, just casts too much red and takes the eye away from the cool parts of the shot. That's just me though.

Reactions: SanCap
Would the hood help at all or did you have one on? EDIT, not at that angle. Did you have a UV filter on?
Yes I had a UV filter, no hood. I was asking for it of course shooting straight into the sun, but the flare on this lens can be pretty offensive at times. If you look at the full pano and zoom in you can see where it is the worst, the reflection compounds kind of erratically resulting in that massive red circle. I toned the red channel down a lot because it just overwhelmed the shot.
I don't really know what I'm doing photography wise so I'm sure there's a way to avoid it (read do not shoot directly into the sun), but my location wasn't really conducive to that the way I wanted to frame the shot.

Yes I had a UV filter, no hood. I was asking for it of course shooting straight into the sun, but the flare on this lens can be pretty offensive at times. If you look at the full pano and zoom in you can see where it is the worst, the reflection compounds kind of erratically resulting in that massive red circle. I toned the red channel down a lot because it just overwhelmed the shot.
I don't really know what I'm doing photography wise so I'm sure there's a way to avoid it (read do not shoot directly into the sun), but my location wasn't really conducive to that the way I wanted to frame the shot.

I wonder how it would do without the UV filter?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla