Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Some video from yesterdays flight.

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Just a quick edit of some video from yesterday.

Inspire with x3 & nd filter 100 iso 120 shutter

Just sharing, open to any constructive criticism for sure.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Where to start.......ok, what editing software are you using?... Most shots are washed out, scenes are too long, shots of the camera tilting or panning too quickly are not good. What are you showing or presenting? Too many high shots, mix it up a bit. Cut out the "unsmooth" camera movements, but most importantly... keep trying and practicing in post edit. My first try's were crap,(many will say they still are lol).. but you will get better and better with an observant eye, and a lot of trial and error.. look at pro work, and try to recreate it with your own artistic touch. No offense Bud, just trying to give you some advice. I watch franchise grade commercials to get ideas.. It just takes time and work, keep it up man. Remember, Carol Shelby's first build prob ran like ****.

Reactions: greylorn
Thanks for the feedback, let me be a little more specific. I've been doing mainly photography and have been trying to get the hang of video. I'm guess I'm looking for suggestions on improving video quality more than anything. The editing will come. I'm using Adobe Premiere, and haven't delved into trying to figure out how to correct the video in post yet. Most of this flight was with no purpose other than to have footage to play with, the barn caught my eye and I did a manual orbit of it. Everything to my west was shaded so I tried to avoid that hillside in shots as it was way too dark. Do you think I could have benefitted from a slightly darker ND? I was afraid of the video looking too dark, the metering on screen was telling me I was at a -1.3 EV in the air.

Thanks for the feedback Highrpm99.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Perfect footage to test for trial an error... Try shooting in 2.7K and getting your settings in the air as close as possible to pleasing to the eye, this will make post much easier. Then edit down to 1080 HD.. I never have gotten the "must post produce in 4K" yet.. not many devices are capable of reproducing it at this time anyways. Do some research on editing "workflow"... there are lots of online tutorials on it. Im not familiar with Adobe, I use FCPX. Just keep experimenting, and have fun!, It will come around and get better and better. Peoples attention span these days is quite short, so keep your scenes shorter, use cut shots at different altitudes, angles, and just mix it up a bit... Good luck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanneStoc