Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Someone want to buy my footage!

Reaction score
Received this email yesterday. Has anyone else received this type of email and if so what did you do? They also sent me a NDA as well.

Personally I am thinking of giving them the footage. Just wondering what I should be mindful of.

"I am contacting you from ____________, a production company & independent footage collective.
We are currently working on a commercial for a major commerce company.

We came across one of your films,

"St. Patrick’s Day"

which has footage we think could work in this spot. We'd like to know if you would be interested in licensing a short extract for this commercial and if we could present it to the agency.

With regards to your royalty fee, for any footage incorporated into the final project we can offer you a one time license fee of $500 USD (less any international tax payments) for up to 10 seconds. Usage will be for 2 years, All Media, Worldwide."

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Congratulations, wish someone would buy one of my footages.
It seems fair payment to me.
Can you provide a link to your footage so we can see it?

commercial for a major commerce company.

USD 500,- seems less for this purpose. However I dont know how spectacular your footage is.

Also keep in mind the trail you could leave with this if you give them your real name. Depending on your footage this can be a problem if the scenes they use show something which could not have been done legally. Always be careful that they reason for buying footage is not that they know they cannot do it legally themselves.

Reactions: Hercules_One
If it is a 'major' company commercial and is going to be aired via network you need to pop a zero on the end of that figure - Seriously.

If it is a 'major' company commercial and is going to be aired via network you need to pop a zero on the end of that figure - Seriously.

Respectfully - Unless the footage is of a unicorn giving birth at the end of a rainbow I don't think they'd go from $500 to $5000. Also they'll only pay you if it makes the "final product" who knows what that final product is. Better of uploading your stuff to Pond5 or Gettyimages type of site to start making $ on your footage.

Respectfully - Unless the footage is of a unicorn giving birth at the end of a rainbow I don't think they'd go from $500 to $5000. Also they'll only pay you if it makes the "final product" who knows what that final product is. Better of uploading your stuff to Pond5 or Gettyimages type of site to start making $ on your footage.
Fair enough but it all depend what the end delivery is.
If it a local camping site wanting aerial footage of their field for a local TV slot then $500 is probably fair. If however, it is for a multinational fortune 500 company advertising a product or service they will potentially make millions from it is not.
It all depends on that end delivery.

Having sold quite a bit of footage through our platform, I could say that $500 could be fair if is consists of 1 or 2 short segments of 5-10 seconds each. However, if they are asking for 10 seconds of footage where you edited multiple segments, then I would recommend you sell the segments individually.

As an example, we just sold 43 seconds of footage to a large French TV studio. We sold 8 individual segments and the price was roughly $400/segment.

Regardless of what you do, you may want to distribute some of your footage on our platform. If you have some nice and exotic content, this may be something of interest. Have a look and let me know.

www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com

Reactions: Hercules_One
Having sold quite a bit of footage through our platform, I could say that $500 could be fair if is consists of 1 or 2 short segments of 5-10 seconds each. However, if they are asking for 10 seconds of footage where you edited multiple segments, then I would recommend you sell the segments individually.

As an example, we just sold 43 seconds of footage to a large French TV studio. We sold 8 individual segments and the price was roughly $400/segment.

Regardless of what you do, you may want to distribute some of your footage on our platform. If you have some nice and exotic content, this may be something of interest. Have a look and let me know.

www.aerial-entertainment-studios.com
Interesting, so that footage you sold was yours or someone that uploaded to your site?
How many clips are sold a day in your new platform?
I'm looking to monetize some of my footage.

Interesting, so that footage you sold was yours or someone that uploaded to your site?
How many clips are sold a day in your new platform?
I'm looking to monetize some of my footage.
Hi, The footage was mine. 99% of what is on the site right now is mine. I opened up the marketplace for other content creators only 2 days ago. I am however being really picky on the footage I accept on the platform as I want to maintain the premium pricing points.

If you have some exotic content, feel free to submit some for approval. You can also reach me at [email protected]

Cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz