Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Sooo Just priced Up the DJI Inspire 2

I think that what we really need to remember is that the Inspire 2 is really an addition to the range rather than an I1 replacement. It's not a toy for recreation, and if you already have the work coming in it will pay for itself. In other words, if you are doing things properly, the I2 will be getting you more work than it cost to purchase. So it is only expensive to buy if you can't justify buying it from a business perspective.

Reactions: ash223 and Phatzo
I think that what we really need to remember is that the Inspire 2 is really an addition to the range rather than an I1 replacement. It's not a toy for recreation, and if you already have the work coming in it will pay for itself. In other words, if you are doing things properly, the I2 will be getting you more work than it cost to purchase. So it is only expensive to buy if you can't justify buying it from a business perspective.
And then the tax man can buy it for you. ;)

Reactions: SimonMW
Has to be at least 6 months for price drop as it'll probably take that long before they deliver it. o_O

Still loving my Inspire 1 v2.0 Does everything I want it to and so much more. Plus I don't have to wait for constant updates you know will be coming. Just sayin'....

Last edited:
Loved the video!! Thanks!

I came up with similar pricing. The Inspire 2 is just stupid expensive and over priced whether you are a professional or well off hobbyist. I think I'd go with the M600 and fly my ordered 5D Mark IV before buying an Inspire 2.

My Inspire Pro will do JUST fine until the M600 comes my way.

Thanks again for the video!!

Last edited:
Loved the video!! Thanks!

I came up with similar pricing. The Inspire 2 is just stupid expensive and over priced whether you are a professional or well off hobbyist. I think I'd go with the M600 and fly my ordered 5D Mark IV before buying an Inspire 2.

My Inspire Pro will do JUST fine until the M600 comes my way.

Thanks again for the video!!

Sometimes you need a smaller drone and it depends what your margins are. Made sense for me as a business to invest in it. Hoping especially in editing it translates into a good ROI.

Yes it's very expensive to upgrade! I wonder how long before the first sale or price cut from DJI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you apply a like-for like comparison and some critical thinking to this guy's snow-job, you'll find the Inspire 2's pricing isn't that bad.

The main problem is that the package available the soonest is most comparable to an X5R equipped I1. So be sure to compare on that basis.

If you apply a like-for like comparison and some critical thinking to this guy's snow-job, you'll find the Inspire 2's pricing isn't that bad.

The main problem is that the package available the soonest is most comparable to an X5R equipped I1. So be sure to compare on that basis.

Completely agree. It's most compelling for those wanting RAW/ProRes especially since DJI hasn't dropped the price of the X5R

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes you need a smaller drone and it depends what your margins are. Made sense for me as a business to invest in it. Hoping especially in editing it translates into a good ROI.
Not debating the awesomeness of the Inspire 2. But they are weeding out a large population of the market. Don't know if they will sell as many at that price point...but then again, that may not be their intention. I wouldn't pay $8,000 for that drone, just my personal choice. If you are on big set getting paid major bucks, maybe.

Would love the hear a follow up on your ROI in the future. Good info there.

Not debating the awesomeness of the Inspire 2. But they are weeding out a large population of the market. Don't know if they will sell as many at that price point...but then again, that may not be their intention. I wouldn't pay $8,000 for that drone, just my personal choice. If you are on big set getting paid major bucks, maybe.

But it doesn't have to cost $8,000! Price out a non-RAW version. And, remember, you still get 100mbps with the non-RAW.

I hear you. It really depends if you need / want the RAW you can get it wayyy cheaper without and still film some amazing shots.

Absolutely. As soon as it's delivered I'll throw some feedback out there.

Love it! so the case and second controller..thats bound to put it over the £10k right?
No. You guys are flipping out about the price without doing some analysis of it. Do you need RAW? Y'all are looking at the most expensive configuration and then exaggerating from there. In your exaggerated scenario, that case would have to cost $1451 to bring $8k up beyond $10k when adding a 2nd controller and case.

I was being tongue in cheek..but now that youve mentioned it..the VT from Ikopta is actually in £ Sterling...so the cost of the equipment (and he was being conservative re the number of batteries he needs) is actually over $10,000 ...without a case and second controller...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool