Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Specs changes - firmware changes - dBm changes and how it works

Reaction score
With all the changes lately happened there are many open questions. Lets see if we can find out more.

Specs changes: With all Inspire 1 versions specs changed from

range up tp 2km without FCC / CE diversification to
range up to 5km FCC / 3,5km CE

Inspire hardware version changes:

With these specs changes came a version change from WM6101410 to WM6101510 which has ~5 more dBm power. The specs indicate that this new hardware change applies to all Inspire versions.

RC hardware version changes:

GL658B was changed to 658C which has ~4 dBm more power.

Now the questions left:

1. How is FCC / CE triggered?
- why this diversification did not exist before?
- is it the new RC firmware doing this?
- is it determined by tablet location settings (like channel selectin is)?
- will there be a move from tablet settings indication to automated firmware/GPS indication?

2. How this specs - which have been changed on DJI site already for all Inspires - should work for the hundreds or thousands? 1410 / 658B Inspires or the 1410 / 658C first batch Pros which are on stock in all the stores worldwide?

3. I assume the range cannot be the same for a 1410 / 658C and a 1510 / 658C or do the 5 dBm more on the plane have no influence on the range at all? Is it ONLY the RC dBm doing the range?

If all these "spec" changes are even remotely true, which I am beginning to think they are, then DJI is really just out to make life difficult for themselves. So as it stands now, there are currently 3 remote controller versions, 658A/B/C and at least 2 versions of the aircraft - 1410/1510. There are 2 different motors, 3510 and 3510H, each with its own ESC. There are 3 different cameras X3/X5/X5R and 2 different types of landing gear configurations.

So, in the future, is DJI going to provide firmware updates that will always be backwards compatible for all the different "spec" Inspires? Will there be 1 common firmware update? Or will there be different firmware update packages depending on what version/sub-version Inspire you have?

And most importantly, given all the different versions out there, how is DJI going to get sufficient "regression" testing before rolling out new firmware/software(DJI GO)?

Or will the original Inspire owners with the old motors/ESC and old controllers be "unsupported" over time as DJI focuses on the "newer" Inspire versions?

Will there be 1 common firmware update?

Basically there is ONE firmware update for all. The firmware detects the version and installs the correct firmware. If you want to have installed everything which firmware just updates you is another question everyone has to decide for himself.

just one exampe for all lets see

ESC firmware code 12 00 - 12 03 / m1200-m1203:

Inspire fw 1.02.00.12 - ESC 1.00.00.52
Inspire fw 1.02.01.06 - ESC 1.03.00.60
P3P fw 1.1.8 - ESC 1.07.00.00
Inspire fw 1.04.00.10 - ESC 1.08.00.00
Matrice100 fw 1.00.00.01 - ESC 1.08.00.00
P3P fw 1.04.00.10 - ESC 1.10.00.00
Inspire Pro fw 1.00.00.30 - ESC 1.11.00.00
Inspire SDK fw 1.05.00.11 - ESC 1.11.00.00

so the "real" firmware is the ESC fw which developed from 1.0 to 1.11 while used in numerous planes and firmware.bin files no matter of their revision name.

Thats why I always said there is nothing like one firmware but there is one firmware update for all there are ~25 firmware files which are bundled in .bin files.

Its rather logical and not difficult for DJI - its difficult for us because of the lack of documentation provided.

Hi recently (3 weeks back) I bought an inspire 1 in HK from an official distributor and brought it back to Europe. It is definitely an original inspire pro, with unopened case and original pro serial number, not an afterwards beefed up unit. I did however recently check upon reading this posts the versions to find out that while remote controller (CE version) is a 658 C the actual inspire is a WM6101410. So I have a more powerful remote but an ordinary older version bird.
What do I have to expect in difference behavior wise ? Just a possibly slighter inferior range but still better than inspires used with 658A/B remotes (I guess it will be the case as if the new remote would be enough to increase the range DJI would have not bothered to also increase db output on the newer inspires) or anything else ??

With all the changes lately happened there are many open questions. Lets see if we can find out more.

Specs changes: With all Inspire 1 versions specs changed from

range up tp 2km without FCC / CE diversification to
range up to 5km FCC / 3,5km CE

When did this increase happened?

Last edited:
1. How is FCC / CE triggered?
- why this diversification did not exist before?
- is it the new RC firmware doing this?
- is it determined by tablet location settings (like channel selectin is)?
- will there be a move from tablet settings indication to automated firmware/GPS indication?

have someone got answer ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah