Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Speculating the future of the Inspire 1 platform....

Reaction score
So we always hear rumours and such about new upcoming products. Ive had my Inspire X5 Pro for about a month now. It's flown TWICE because of cold weather, and I bought it because I got it new in box for a deal I couldnt pass up.

However, I can still sell it for what I paid for it. Im aware there will eventually be an Inspire 2, however I am not too sure what features it will offer and I am nervous about the value of the I1 when the I2 gets announced.

Moreso I am curious about future upgrades in regards to cameras and such. I will happily keep my I1 knowing that I can upgrade the camera again one day. Stuff like obstacle avoidance and that will be nice, but for my needs it's not imperative.

No one has a crystal ball, but how much confidence do you have in the future of the I1 platform in terms of upgradability in that camera department. I have this weird feeling DJI will come out with a whole new system and TANK the value of my 5k investment.

Either way, I love the system , and I am simply debating if I sell now, and put the money towards the next gen, or continue to fly now, and just accept it for what it is. I actually bought the X5 for picture taking ability moreso then video, so I would love the idea of a few more MP and more dynamic range. (~20+mps) Because when I crop at 3:2 or 16:9 my images are a lot smaller.

This is moreso just a speculative thread, and nothing asking for much more then your thoughts on the matter.

So we always hear rumours and such about new upcoming products. Ive had my Inspire X5 Pro for about a month now. It's flown TWICE because of cold weather, and I bought it because I got it new in box for a deal I couldnt pass up.

However, I can still sell it for what I paid for it. Im aware there will eventually be an Inspire 2, however I am not too sure what features it will offer and I am nervous about the value of the I1 when the I2 gets announced.

Moreso I am curious about future upgrades in regards to cameras and such. I will happily keep my I1 knowing that I can upgrade the camera again one day. Stuff like obstacle avoidance and that will be nice, but for my needs it's not imperative.

No one has a crystal ball, but how much confidence do you have in the future of the I1 platform in terms of upgradability in that camera department. I have this weird feeling DJI will come out with a whole new system and TANK the value of my 5k investment.

Either way, I love the system , and I am simply debating if I sell now, and put the money towards the next gen, or continue to fly now, and just accept it for what it is. I actually bought the X5 for picture taking ability moreso then video, so I would love the idea of a few more MP and more dynamic range. (~20+mps) Because when I crop at 3:2 or 16:9 my images are a lot smaller.

This is moreso just a speculative thread, and nothing asking for much more then your thoughts on the matter.
How is it different from anything else you buy? you today for what it will do for you today. You buy again tomorrow if something better comes out. What is there to think about?

I think the current I1 still has another year in it before they bring out a full on I2 and then it will be comparable with the x3/5/5R/T. There is a lot invested in all of that so makes sense to keep that part and improve the aircraft. Maybe the VPS can be upgraded. If either way I happy with what I have right now. There is always something new around the corner. If you wait for it you could wait forever.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KarolinODo