Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

SSD export excruciatingly slow- unacceptable!

There should be nothing wrong with the hardware side of the DJI SSD, they are using the Samsung SM961 Polaris M.2 as the base.

I do still think it would be good to compare the drivers that are being used for the DJI reader to see if there is a difference between people with and without the problem.

All it takes ia generic driver to reduce the USB 3 speed to the sort of levels that some are reporting...

With my 2016 mac book pro
Both of my 480ssd take @ 2 hrs each to offload when full. I think something's wrong with your computer. Try copying to another computer.
Takes you 2 hours?? It takes me 24 minutes on my 2016 MacBook Pro....

My first SSD export with an almost full SSD with 5.2K raw files took almost 24 hours!. Yes, you read that right - 24 hours. My second short test of only 22 GB took almost two hours. I am using USB3 and the average speed on this test is 43 mb/s.

I am using a laptop that I use for DIT for my RED Epic RAW files copying SSD's all the time. 64 GB SSD takes me about 20 minutes.
My PC laptop system specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3820QM CPU @ 2.70GHz 2.70 GHz
Installed memory (RAM): 32.0 GB (31.9 GB usable)
System type: 64-bit Operating System

This DJI export time is unexceptional for professional use. I have heard the expected time is about 2 hours for a full SSD. I can live with that but not 24 hrs. I was about to buy another SSD but until I can fix this problem I'm not investing in anymore SSD's.

Mine took about 28 minutes to download a full 480ssd to my 2016 MacBook Pro 15" i7. Something is not right if it is taking 24 hours. Mine was all 5k proress

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

anyone trying to go to USB C? what speeds are you getting.... I tried a Cable the other day and didn't seem to be going any faster. I dumped about 250 gigs in a hour and 15 minutes. any specific cables you think are faster? I purchased a generic usb c to usb b cable for like 8 dollars but feel like there has to be a faster cable somewhere...

What are you copying to...?

If you are connecting to a USB 3.0 port and using drivers that handle USB 3.0 then it is more likely to be a problem with the speed of the device you are copying to than a cable problem...

anyone trying to go to USB C? what speeds are you getting.... I tried a Cable the other day and didn't seem to be going any faster. I dumped about 250 gigs in a hour and 15 minutes. any specific cables you think are faster? I purchased a generic usb c to usb b cable for like 8 dollars but feel like there has to be a faster cable somewhere...

Some cables are faster than others. I am getting 400mbps transfer speed download from the cinessd to a MacBook Pro latest.
Cheaper is not better.
Download Blackmagic disk speed test and test your speeds.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alecia4669