Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stable, affordable and AVAILABLE stand?

Reaction score
I wanted a stable, affordable and AVAILABLE stand for my OSMO. This is what I've come up with after working with several prototypes. Perfect for remotely operating the camera, time-lapse and extended exposure shots and product display when it's not in use. Nothing to configure...... it just works. "Grand Stand" as far as I'm concerned. ;-)

Yellow1.JPG

Yellow2.JPG

Yellow3.JPG

Totally that should be in the box. Half the time you just want to pop it down for a second. How did you do it?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Reactions: davidbarwin
I ordered my Osmo and accessories back in October from B&H and am still waiting for the extension stick and car mount. The benefit of 3D printing for me is that made it almost instantly available for me...... I hate waiting. :)

Reactions: frasmac
Thank you jon b and Auspete. I appreciate your first impression. I'm curious to know what your using as a stand (especially for long time lapse and remote operation). The DJI Osmo Tripod is $55 and requires the extension rod (another $55 for a total of $110?). That's pretty expensive and requires configuring it through the rosette. My aim was to have a compact stand that the OSMO slid into, can easily be removed, didn't require changing anything on the rosette and didn't cost an arm and a leg (less than 1/4?). jon b and Auspete...... privately send me your mailing addresses and I'll send you a free one. I'd love an honest opinion from a fellow OSMO user. I'm taking my "Grand Stand" to Cancun next week for some extended testing and a little sun and fun with the family.

I wanted a stable, affordable and AVAILABLE stand for my OSMO. This is what I've come up with after working with several prototypes. Perfect for remotely operating the camera, time-lapse and extended exposure shots and product display when it's not in use. Nothing to configure...... it just works. "Grand Stand" as far as I'm concerned. ;-)

Yellow1.JPG

Yellow2.JPG

Yellow3.JPG
David, what a great solution! I purchased my OSMO a couple of weeks ago and discovered after setting it up, that if you wanted to put it down, there was no position that I was comfortable leaving it in, without the worry of it falling over. I have been toying with the idea of buying a 3D printer but I've always thought, what for. Then people like yourself come up with ideas like this and others I've seen and once again peaks my interest. If you're considering selling this creation, I'm interested in buying.

Last edited:
David, what a great solution! I purchased my OSMO a couple of weeks ago and discovered after setting it up, that if you wanted to put it down, there was no position that I was comfortable leaving it in, without worry of it falling over. I have been toying with the idea of buying a 3D printer but I've always thought, what for. Then people like yourself come up with ideas like this and others I've seen and once again peaks my interest. If your considering selling this creation, I'm interested in buying.
Alastair, I do love the creative outlet (and instant gratification) of 3D printing. So fast (relative) and easy to design, output, test and redesign. I've been through no less than a dozen iterations refining the "Grand Stand" to meet my OSMO needs. You can find the DJI OSMO Grand Stand along with the Inspire OEM case replacement handle anchors, heavy duty handle and personalized badges on eBay if you're interested.

GrandStandRevs.jpg

I got the OSMO extension rod to attach to a regular tripod and didn't buy the dji osmo tripod. But you still have to undo the rosette, to get the extension on, as you stated. A solution like this is waaaaaaay faster and I'm guessing you can just leave it on there while you cruise around using the camera.

I'd love to give your idea a try. I'm traveling to Punta Canta at the end of the month and would love to test this nifty little companion!

. . . ummmm, why not do this?

6fee7bb883d99b71b41536ccc9e9b29b.jpg

. . . works for pano's and time lapse. Just saying. . .
I like the simplicity of that but won't those little arms just fold and the whole thing falls over? Like outside in a breeze? I just want put the whole thing down for a second and then pick it up again to keep going.

. . . It would take a strong breeze. If I just want to set it down for a second, I just put it to sleep and lay it on its side. Otherwise it only takes about 30 seconds to put it in this kind of kickstand configuration. I wouldn't want the phone attached if doing a tripod style pano or time lapse anyways. Better to control the camera from a distance to be clear of the shot and to avoid disturbing the gimbal. But if you do need to put the camera down frequently I can see the advantage of this accessory.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

I like the simplicity of that but won't those little arms just fold and the whole thing falls over? Like outside in a breeze? I just want put the whole thing down for a second and then pick it up again to keep going.

Yes, stability in wind... Needs to be level (as the object is stands on) and why dismantle anything to be able to do this. Davids creation does all that and is small enough to fit in a case with all the other parts of the Osmo system.

Yes, stability in wind... Needs to be level (as the object is stands on) and why dismantle anything to be able to do this. Davids creation does all that and is small enough to fit in a case with all the other parts of the Osmo system.
No way! It fits in the case?! Is that even possible? Is David from the future?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ccalegalfirm