Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stadium no fly zone

I was going to fly the other day and noticed a no fly zone over century like k stadium...now the app can't utilize temp flight restrictions has its not connected to the internet.

Did dji decide to put no fly zones over stadiums? My app obviously answers this for me but do yang of you have nfz over your local stadium(s)
Duh

Yeah, I'm aware of the regs for stadiums....Again, why I asked why they are marked nfz on the GO app. Your reading a lot into this.

I just figured that it was easier for them to make it a nfz than a tfr (restricting during events) this would mean they'd have to source out the events for every stadium and program that into their app (would always need updating) seems easier to just put a nfz over it.
Seriously, easier to send out a TFR with no guts, then to just software NFZ's, it would be a nightmare to drive this by events sadly enough. Its sad and going to get worse, first it was airports, then National Parks, D.C got slammed, San Diego is hit good, one more stupid thing in Seattle and that area will be blacked out. I think I an going to look a dumbing down the drone and get the best camera set up on the Phantom 1 and 2's. Crap! I love my Inspire 1 but DJI looks to be wanting to shoot itself in the foot and bend fully with the FAA instead of taking a more logical/technological stand. This maybe where 3DR moves up in the food chain. Interesting times ahead.

Seriously, easier to send out a TFR with no guts, then to just software NFZ's, it would be a nightmare to drive this by events sadly enough. Its sad and going to get worse, first it was airports, then National Parks, D.C got slammed, San Diego is hit good, one more stupid thing in Seattle and that area will be blacked out. I think I an going to look a dumbing down the drone and get the best camera set up on the Phantom 1 and 2's. Crap! I love my Inspire 1 but DJI looks to be wanting to shoot itself in the foot and bend fully with the FAA instead of taking a more logical/technological stand. This maybe where 3DR moves up in the food chain. Interesting times ahead.

Ok. Go to 3DR than.

Reactions: The Shadow
Oh, sorry. well its illegal to fly over stadiums when theres an event going on, so thats why they have a NFZ over them..

Skylab Said "Yeah, I'm aware of the regs for stadiums"

Can someone plz post a link to the "regs" for statiums.
I hear stuff like "over 20,000" and hour b4, hour after"

What is a "stadium", how many spectators make it an "event"

I would LOVE to know what the regs are, someone please post a link.

ps - *** dji, they have no authority to tell us where we can fly or not, (unless we're "renting" their machines)

I think it's hour before hour after, but the problem with dji **** system is they block it always, which is dumb. They are getting out of control on these stupid nfzs they have no authority to block flying at and it's gonna kill them if they don't change their behavior soon. Dji drones are becoming less and less useful for commercial applications when they block more airspace every update. Soon you won't be able to fly one anywhere

I think it's hour before hour after, but the problem with dji **** system is they block it always, which is dumb.

Is there an actual link to the "regs" cause I have not seen them and it's my job to know what they are.
As far as the DJI NFZ, simply unplug the gps board and it won't know where the hell it is. (you guys make such a big stink over Nothing).
If you can't fly precisely in atti mode then you shouldn't be collecting money for the shoot and or/ don't qualify as pilot for the shoot.

Is there an actual link to the "regs" cause I have not seen them and it's my job to know what they are.
As far as the DJI NFZ, simply unplug the gps board and it won't know where the hell it is. (you guys make such a big stink over Nothing).
If you can't fly precisely in atti mode then you shouldn't be collecting money for the shoot and or/ don't qualify as pilot for the shoot.

I can fly very well in atti mode, I also run older firmware and I've never hit a nfz area where I couldn't fly in gps mode yet. I'm just saying their bs flight restricting policies are getting worse every update and their products are turning to crap. I won't be buying any more of them.

I'm sure a quick google will get you a page with the regs you seek.

Ok. Go to 3DR than.
Maybe an option to have another alternate at this point. I was going to get another Inspire 1 for backup (batteries and such, I like having 2 of everything). But with cost and such it is a good option, course I could just complete my Hex project and use my SLR camera! :)

Maybe an option to have another alternate at this point. I was going to get another Inspire 1 for backup (batteries and such, I like having 2 of everything). But with cost and such it is a good option, course I could just complete my Hex project and use my SLR camera! :)
Personally if you're going to keep buying dji crap I'd get a phantom 3 before I got a second inspire. Why would you want two of the same thing? Phantoms have some advantages over inspires, and inspires have some advantages over phantoms.

The dang batteries for one thing! A Phantom 3 is not a bad choice, do they take the phantom 2 batteries?

I don't really think it's "********" they are trying at all, it's their fault everybody and their dads want a rotorcraft these days....they should fix it. This didn't used to be a very popular hobby some odd years ago and we didn't have these issues (we did but they weren't well documented by social media because it wasn't cool to be an rc geek) most of the operators were pretty responsible with their equipment (probably cause it was expensive and they built it with their hands) People have shown from every corner of the planet that they can't even fly a dji gps based system in gps or atti modes....soooo that really says something, but when you offer to the masses (not just people in the know or wanting to learn) you are really opening a can of worms. Which is what dji did. They should fix it...I'm all for NFZ, it keeps idiots out of trouble.

How do you feel about their current method of implementing NFZs?

They really haven't had a direct affect on me and they wont...NFZ themselves do and I'm pretty quick to get proper permissions to carry out a flight.

Dji isnt my only aircraft and definitely not my go to for aerial work. So in honesty that was kinda ******** for me to say all that. If the inspire was my only option I guess I'd be heated too, I dunno...people are just so me me me these days, the big picture is uneducated irresponsible operators probably out weigh those willing to put some effort in.

I agree it's ******** they try to regulate us themselves but they do have the "authority" to do so. We may own the hardware but the software controlling everything is only licensed to us.

That is a totally false statement.
I did not license anything from anyone. I signed no contract, no agreement.
If they reduce the functionality of the I1 thru forced firmware updates, they will be open to undefendable lawsuits.
Now if the LAWs change and DJI's firmware changes with it, no problem, (but they can't make us pay for something, then take it away).
Imagine buying a new Cadillac and then 8 months later GM cripples it's top speed thru OnStar, removes the power door lock functions, maybe disable the surround sound.

Notice I said forced updates. (all the updates that have been available to me since May have been voluntary. No one has forced them on me and that is why I remain on 1.2.1, (I am afraid of losing functions or trade offs).

You should come to the UK, only airports are listed as DJI NFZs :) There are other restricted areas however.

Never really heard it recommended on the forums before, but even for recreational flying I would suggest that everyone should check out air navigation charts for the intended area. Generally its been only certified UAV pilots that use them however even for safe recreational flying I would reccomend to use them. Its a little learning curve to read them but it is well worth it. To buy they are only around £15 GBP in the UK from the likes of transair.co.uk.

They will show the national authority airspace classification and height at which it is advisable to notify ATC, restricted/warning areas, hazards, like high ground, masts, etc.

Its not really that daunting even without buying a chart. The easiest way is to use websites like Skyvector.com or skydemonlight.com (UK). there are apps available too for iOS and Android that show all this info.

Uavforecast.com also now has a link to a map showing DJI NFZs and TFRs. Its not worldwide yet as NOTAMS in the UK are not listed. Nevertheless its worth it for the weather, wind speed at a chosen height, Kp index and lots more.

I highly recommend everyone to learn to use these tools, especially the charts, much more informative than just DJIs self appointed 'authority' Take up the challenge...go it :)

You are a curious individual.

You went on a rant about the legality of a company to limit the functionality of the device you purchased, going so far as to create a hypothetical scenario in which you purchase a Cadillac only to have its features "crippled" by GM after purchase. Then, in response to my comments about DJI's ability to legally expand NFZs through the Go App, your response is to just fly the inspire 1 without a mobile device, essentially limiting a significant number of features that were advertised at the time of purchase...

I'm going to unwatch this thread as it seems you've abandoned any attempt at intelligent discussion on the issue.
I believe his point is that the restrictions are in the firmware, not the app as someone suggested earlier. Imagine circumventing all nfz just by not using the app when you fly, lol

Well I don't know about you guys but I like to see what I'm shooting sadly I don't find the inspire very much fun to just...fly

Exactly my thoughts!
If, (and I do mean if) I had time to just fly for fun, I have many cool planks including a large 12s aj slick and 12s 3d helis. These are serious machines and chitloads of fun.
As a matter of fact, I have zero time for fun flying, haven't in 3 years.
I fly now strictly to pay the bills. Editing consumes me and makes me grouchy.
There is nothing fun about flying MY I1. It's stressful, people depend on me, and I finally have a bird I can depend on flying 1.2.1. but now I am missing out on all the cool stuff that swayed me to buy it in the first place, cause i'm afraid to update, (I hate when peeps say "Upgrade", these are updates, Not upgrades)

My I1, great machine, just no fun for me.

Reactions: skylabimaging
Exactly my thoughts!
If, (and I do mean if) I had time to just fly for fun, I have many cool planks including a large 12s aj slick and 12s 3d helis. These are serious machines and chitloads of fun.
As a matter of fact, I have zero time for fun flying, haven't in 3 years.
I fly now strictly to pay the bills. Editing consumes me and makes me grouchy.
There is nothing fun about flying MY I1. It's stressful, people depend on me, and I finally have a bird I can depend on flying 1.2.1. but now I am missing out on all the cool stuff that swayed me to buy it in the first place, cause i'm afraid to update, (I hate when peeps say "Upgrade", these are updates, Not upgrades)

My I1, great machine, just no fun for me.

That's cool you fly 3d....I was never very good at it though, even though I still try. Very very expensive to fly 3d (unless you're good)

The inspire is just boring and predictable...which sucks.

On the side note I haven't had much time to fly for fun either....Or for my personal company (skylab) which sucks too. I ended up getting a flight engineer position with Freefly and pretty much just fly/represent Altas/movi's all day....ugh...fuckin alta's

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jenuk