Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Still Image X5, Inspire Pro

Thanks Dobmatt
But what about the "lens not connected" issue?

Looking for a door to adventure

Thanks Dobmatt

No idea, my friend. Apparently this lens is not supported by Zenmuse X5 camera, and that's why. BTW, they just released balancing rings for Olympus 14/42 "pancake" lens with 37mm thread. It may require some modification to fit Lumix lens, or maybe not ...

Last edited:
Ralph, are you saying you can sell me Olympus 12mm lens, eventually coupled with 45mm? And even post my brand new DJI MFT 15mm lens for sale on your site? If my assumptions are correct, would you prepare a quote and send to [email protected]?

Matthew.
Thanks Dobmatt

Looking for a door to adventure
have you updated to the latest firmware? This will allow use of the latest list of acceptable lenses.
I was having the same issue before updating to the latest release of firmware.
Thanks Dobmatt

"I have the super popular 75 mm Olympus lens coming Monday and I am going to give her a whirl."

Please tell me you were able to get this to work? lol I want to use this as well

I did get it and I tried to mount it but for some reason it doesn't seem to attach. I just wanted to shoot some stills with it just playing around but I have been unsuccessful putting it on the X5. I have been using that lens on my Panasonic GH4 and oh my gosh there's not a better lens out there in my opinion it is a truly professional lens.

I did get it and I tried to mount it but for some reason it doesn't seem to attach. I just wanted to shoot some stills with it just playing around but I have been unsuccessful putting it on the X5. I have been using that lens on my Panasonic GH4 and oh my gosh there's not a better lens out there in my opinion it is a truly professional lens.

That's why I wanted to try it on the X5 I could only dream of the still I would have captured :( just got the 45mm but it's to cold to fly right now in nyc so I'm itching to try it lol

Yes I just did a flight and the temp is close to yours. I used the battery warmer it worked great. The benefit of being a dealer I get a lot of toys lol.

must be nice :rolleyes: lmao I'm teasing man I would also. I just got my pro so pissed I would have ordered the black one looks sick smh

Hello guys. I am fairly new to drones and these forums offer valuable information. Would someone tell me if the olympus 12mm has zoom, if so..is it as good as the 14-42mm? Differences between those two? And finally, why are these top branded lenses cheaper than dji's lense given the quality olympus is known for.

The Olympus does not zoom. It is a prime wide angle lens. It is an awesome lens for wide angle shots of horizons, large buildings, and many other things. It is in my opinion the sharpest lens available for the X5. The 14/42 is a great lens overall as it has zoom ability but I can tell you that right now the zoom function does not move very smoothly. Once your desired zoom is set the image quality is great for the prices for 199.00. The stock DJI lens is really pretty good considering the latest firmware the sharpness has really improved. Overall the 12mm is great all around lens with awesome glass. The hood for it works great to balance the X5. If I had to rate them I would rate as follows. 1 out of 10
DJI original 15mm. 8 ( since firmware update)
Olympus 12mm Strong 9 or 10
Olympus 14/42 mm. Solid 7 ( needs smoother focusing). Hope this helps

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to decide for something with good quality and the ability to zoom. Want the best of both worlds but i am not sure if such thing is available.

Btw, i got the v2 because the pro was too expensive for my wife to approve. I have to hide the x5 camera's real price since she thinks is just a small upgrade hehehe

Reactions: djfrankwhitenyc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla