Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stock footage licensing pricing and T&C's?

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I was approached by a famous reality show asking to use some of my footage they saw on YouTube for their 'B roll'.
Anyone have an idea how much I should charge and if I should protect my footage with some special with terms and conditions?

I have sold my video footage to reality TV shows several times. I have been paid $250-$750 depending on the length of the clip, and the quality (HD minimum). You also need to provide copies of model releases on anyone prominently in the video if people are part of the clip. If the TV station doesn't offer an ftp server upload option, you can send video files via hightail.com . They have a 14 day unlimited free trial.

Reactions: 2nd2non
I have sold my video footage to reality TV shows several times. I have been paid $250-$750 depending on the length of the clip, and the quality (HD minimum). You also need to provide copies of model releases on anyone prominently in the video if people are part of the clip. If the TV station doesn't offer an ftp server upload option, you can send video files via hightail.com . They have a 14 day unlimited free trial.

You ever offer a package deal - say 5 drone videos 20-60secs each? If so, how did that impact pricing.
How about licensing- unlimited, non-exclusive use seems to give best flexibility for both sides, what do you think?

Each time I have sold footage to a reality TV show it was a set length of video, was for a specific episode they were doing, and was non-exclusive. I have a video, that was not with my drone, of jumping Asian Carp that has gotten almost 6 million views on YouTube, and I have sold the same 60 seconds to four different TV shows over the years. I have never done an exclusive footage sale because it would not allow me to sell it again to anyone else.

I don't know that I would offer a quantity discount on multiple drone video clips, unless they were all of the same subject and were filmed at the same time. Basically, you wouldn't have other expenses because they were all on one trip. But, I wouldn't offer a discount on videos of five different waterfalls, just because they were all water themed. Each one had time and expenses to get to the location, film, and edit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onaldUnino