Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Stock to FPVLR to DBS antenna mod comparison.

That is interesting, in my environment (I assume it is the environment,) the FPVLR is much less sensitive to antenna direction than the DBS. They both are kind of sensitive in the vertical plane.

It is very doable to do it yourself after watching the DBS video, so I'm not sure I would use the installation costs. Both providers were super prompt with their shipping. So that minimizes down time.

Luis's interest in penetration is probably a better criterion, but less easily quantified than reading out the feet (or meters) on the iPad.

In any case we are really lucky to have 2 great options, so a great big shout out to both guys and their products! Thanks!

Yeah was just thinking about the cost/benefit ratio in terms of total cost with installation and distance gained in a given environment.

For $100, for what DBS charges, there is no way I would do the install myself and potentially ruin a $600 controller. Unless you enjoy doing things like that yourself. I agree, both options are great compared to stock. DBS just is a much better deal, as I have no loyalty to either DBS or Tony.

I sent my P3 controller to DBS so will be able to compare his mod quality soon enough ;-)

For $100, for what DBS charges, there is no way I would do the install myself and potentially ruin a $600 controller. Unless you enjoy doing things like that yourself. I agree, both options are great compared to stock. DBS just is a much better deal, as I have no loyalty to either DBS or Tony.

I sent my P3 controller to DBS so will be able to compare his mod quality soon enough ;-)
Oh come on it ain't that hard to install!

Thanks for the comparisons gentleman. Much appreciated!

The Spanish pigeons are way faster than the ones they send to Australia!!
i think they sent mine with one of these.

Stamox%20Turbo%20Pigeon.jpg

I send my transmitter to DBS on Tuesday from NJ and just got it back in the mail today before noon. Pretty speedy service....

Reactions: dreadwing
I don't usually endorse products, But i will tell you that this antenna works killer. Very easy to install just be careful and take your time. I left my original antennas on and wrapped up the cables inside just in case i didn't like it and i din't need to modify the 5.8ghz just left it in place. This is very linear as the OP said, signal drops slow which is great rather then sudden loss. But i did get 16,455ft with perfect signal on controller and tab. Well worth the mod.

Happy Flying!

I am sending mine in tomorrow for the P3 controller. Already have 2 modded antennas, so might as well have all 3 done! Good to know the return was fast. Have you had a chance to test, and what were your results?

I send my transmitter to DBS on Tuesday from NJ and just got it back in the mail today before noon. Pretty speedy service....

It is very easy to install. The video walks you right thru it.
I love the antenna. I havnt found max range but have been out 2 miles with it. What I really like about it is how much better the reception is around buildings and trees. I was out about a mile away at just a few feet above the ground with perfect signal. Flying close proximity in trees is what I really enjoy and it's great to have awesome signal now.

Push it to 3!! :D I pretty much fly from my backyard and if it was not for the houses in front of me, I could easily hit 4 miles. So far my max on the DBS has been 3 miles with almost perfect signal. It makes flying FPV a breeze as you no longer have to worry about the direction you're pointing the controller, at least in the mile or less ranges.

Well, this HAS my interest. I have two controllers for Inspire and one for the P3P
I'm thinking best is to fit my second I1 controller and make it my primary P3P controller and if works well, change to I1 primary. My I1 is @ DJI LA Spa for motor repairs and I'm limping along with a P3P that looses lightbridge signal constantly. Any thoughts on this plan?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Frem1962