Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Strange behaviour with my new Olympus 25mm f/1.8 lens...

E

Ed Araquel

I successfully upgraded to the latest X5R firmware today (v1.09.01.10) and then ended up buying an Olympus 25mm f/1.8 lens.

After bringing the lens home and attaching it to the gimbal, I powered up my Inspire v1.0 and the gimbal went crazy hitting the endpoints of its travel at full-speed. I powered down, made sure the lens and gimbal were properly attached and powered up again.

This time, the gimbal performed normally doing its power up checks and finishing by pointing the lens forward. All good. I powered down and up again and this time it did the crazy behaviour I noted previously. It seems every other power up makes it go into this crazy state.

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this before or since they've upgraded to the latest firmware??

I'm investigating further to see if this behaviour happens with the normal DJI 15mm lens.

The crazy behaviour is definitely not lens related...it'll happen randomly with any lens. Also, ever since the upgrade to v1.09.01.10, my camera's yaw is off by a significant amount like on the order of 30 degrees.

Anyway, after all this faffing about with the latest firmware and reading some people having trouble flying with the latest, I downgraded the firmware back to 1.08...the camera yaw is still off but I don't get the random gimbal thrashing on power up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phuketdivecenter