Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Strange Problem the Other Day - Nothing from Camera

Reaction score
The other day I fired up my I1 for a shoot I needed to do as I normally would. When everything powered up, I noticed no video from the camera (as if someone had left the lens cap on the camera--and we obviously have no lens cap!). One time, in the past, I experienced the no signal and no video problem while flying--this one seems to be relatively common and can be cleared by restarting the I1 (have had the same issue multiple times on my P2V+ in the past). But this wasn't the same problem.

I had a signal (Safe to Fly GPS Mode) but no video. Powered everything down and up. Checked cable, pins on the camera connection, etc. Nothing. Was wondering if it was the camera or the app so I snapped a few photos. App happily took the photos but, when I reviewed them, I just got black photos. After fiddling around for a few more minutes, I was about to hang it up and give up when the video just started working all of a sudden! Don't know why or how. Worked fine after that.

Unfortunately, have not had the time/opportunity to fly since. But this one has me a bit worried. Anyone else see this one? Again, it's not the (fairly) common no signal problem many of us have experienced. The camera just isn't putting an image out at all.

I'm running the version of FW before the one they just came out with the day before yesterday--haven't had time to update--and the latest Android app on a Nexus 7 (the approved by DJI one).

Thanks.

The other day I fired up my I1 for a shoot I needed to do as I normally would. When everything powered up, I noticed no video from the camera (as if someone had left the lens cap on the camera--and we obviously have no lens cap!). One time, in the past, I experienced the no signal and no video problem while flying--this one seems to be relatively common and can be cleared by restarting the I1 (have had the same issue multiple times on my P2V+ in the past). But this wasn't the same problem.

I had a signal (Safe to Fly GPS Mode) but no video. Powered everything down and up. Checked cable, pins on the camera connection, etc. Nothing. Was wondering if it was the camera or the app so I snapped a few photos. App happily took the photos but, when I reviewed them, I just got black photos. After fiddling around for a few more minutes, I was about to hang it up and give up when the video just started working all of a sudden! Don't know why or how. Worked fine after that.

Unfortunately, have not had the time/opportunity to fly since. But this one has me a bit worried. Anyone else see this one? Again, it's not the (fairly) common no signal problem many of us have experienced. The camera just isn't putting an image out at all.

I'm running the version of FW before the one they just came out with the day before yesterday--haven't had time to update--and the latest Android app on a Nexus 7 (the approved by DJI one).

Thanks.
Check your USB cable isn't FUBAR (the ones supplied are poor quality) and make sure it is a snug fit in the Remote USB socket. If it is loose CAREFULLY bend the two tension springs on the top of the socket to tighten the grip on the plug when it is inserted.

Check your USB cable isn't FUBAR (the ones supplied are poor quality) and make sure it is a snug fit in the Remote USB socket. If it is loose CAREFULLY bend the two tension springs on the top of the socket to tighten the grip on the plug when it is inserted.
I thought about that, however, if it was the USB cable, it would have still taken a photo and recorded it to the MSD card. It didn't. Just recorded a black screen...like what I saw. If the USB cable goes bad, I'd expect the No Signal issue. The screen doesn't go black when that happens, just black and white. Mine was black like there was a lens cap on the camera.

Reactions: theheliguy
Mine is a new cable and does this also. Multiple times per flying session. Just black as you described...however everything else and all control of the camera is still there. I've also noticed very spotty video signal lately as well...

Mine is a new cable and does this also. Multiple times per flying session. Just black as you described...however everything else and all control of the camera is still there. I've also noticed very spotty video signal lately as well...
Hmm, it really does seem as if there is something going on here. Wish DJI would get their act straight on this.

Reactions: theheliguy
This has just happened to me. Gimble works but no video to both the remotes and no play back. Any ideas suggestions.

One thing I found guys, Check your light bridge channel settings with in the app and be sure you have the best channel setting for your area and it's connection to the bird. The auto best channel option isn't always the best option. Try it in manual and see if this issue resolves itself. I know! I had this same issue once before.

My first post and unfortunately it's with bad news.... I was mid flight when my video feed cutout, so I ended flying the bird back to me by map. I retained gimble control but DJI pilot video feed is black and switching cables, android device, channel, or batteries makes no difference. I "had" a job this coming Wednesday.. so much for that lol.

My video is out. Exactly as stated above. I got some latent images on the app (wasn't even recording) while flying then the screen went black. It came on twice, randomly, and has now remained black. I have: cycled it on and off multiple times, reloaded firmware, switched batteries, bought new sd card, attached and reattached gimbal, used different usb cords, tried viewing on different devices... Yet, all systems are normal and ready to fly. Gimble works just like it should-all functions operate normally

My first message should have been to dji, but I wanted to see what you guys had to say about it and if anyone else had had this problem. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

My video is out. Exactly as stated above. I got some latent images on the app (wasn't even recording) while flying then the screen went black. It came on twice, randomly, and has now remained black. I have: cycled it on and off multiple times, reloaded firmware, switched batteries, bought new sd card, attached and reattached gimbal, used different usb cords, tried viewing on different devices... Yet, all systems are normal and ready to fly. Gimble works just like it should-all functions operate normally

My first message should have been to dji, but I wanted to see what you guys had to say about it and if anyone else had had this problem. Any advice would be welcome. Thanks.

Leaning toward the app. However the platform you are using can be very important in almost any issue of this nature.(explained below) Rolling back the App may be your only option for now. If DJI has a rollback option.

Last edited:
Leaning toward the app. However the platform you are using can be very important in almost any issue of this nature.(explained below) Rolling back the App may be your only option for now. If DJI has a rollback option.
Thanks for the reply. I have new info. I took my I1 to drones plus in LA (authorized djiHoney I'll call you when I can but. I have a major problem. I left something at home that is vital to our trip. I could run home first thing and then be back to your house to leave around 930/10. Or you could pick it up sometime today. Let me know. Love you dealer
thanks for the reply. Update: it's the camera. I took the I1 to drones plus. They checked everything. It's definitely the camera

Thanks for the reply. I have n

thanks for the reply. Update: it's the camera. I took the I1 to drones plus. They checked everything. It's definitely the camera
Ok. Oooops. Somehow mixed a text message into my last post. Sorry,
Thanks for the reply. I have new info. I took my I1 to drones plus in LA (authorized djiHoney I'll call you when I can but. I have a major problem. I left something at home that is vital to our trip. I could run home first thing and then be back to your house to leave around 930/10. Or you could pick it up sometime today. Let me know. Love you dealer

oh my god. Oops. Somehow mixed an old text in my reply:/

I had the same problem with "no signal", no camera feed, could not set the camera functions but other info and functions work fine. This happened about ten days ago. Contacted DJI in LA and got RMA to send the original camera to be fixed. Oh, BTW , camera was very hot after battery was turned on for only 4-5 minutes, and never crashed or hard landing.

I left something at home that is vital to our trip. I could run home first thing and then be back to your house to leave around 930/10. Or you could pick it up sometime today. Let me know.

Well now I GOTTA know, what did you leave at home, and who picked it up? :p

Reactions: The Editor

I guess "The All Seeing Eye" isn't that "All Seeing" as we thought. That sucks. Good Luck.

I ended up sending my camera back to the dealer. They either sent me a different one or fixed mine. It's hard to know. Turnaround time was 3 weeks It's been working great ever since

I am getting the same thing with my Inspire, Black Screen. Cam will start up fine see video and then freeze up and black screen. I took inspire to shop i got at and tried a new cam out new cam worked fine, but what i am noticing is it seems to fit tighter then my cam, Maybe pins are losing contact. I will send cam in for repair. possibly whole bird to make sure pins not wrong too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters