Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Struggling with focus

Reaction score
I am having a hard time with focus. I am new to DJI so please let me know if these are user issues so I can learn and adjust.

1. Focus Assist (temporarily enlarged focus area) is disabled in Video mode. I am finding it hard to manually focus even with the enlarged area (in photo mode) as it requires using the app slider and it is very to see (iPad Air 2). It is impossible for me to use in video mode (no enlarged focus area). That pretty well rules out manual focus.

It would be great if DJI would allow wheel focus and add enlarged focus area to Video. These two changes would solve the manual focus problem.

2. Auto Focus works well (sometimes). There should be a focus lock feature, however. It is way to easy to accidentally focus with a poorly placed screen tap. What are you guys doing? Focusing in Auto and then switching to manual to protect focus? It would also be wonderful if DJI would seprate the focus and exposure selection icons. Too easy to make a mistake there.

You know...I had looked for peaking when the drone was powered down and it was not an option. Powered up it is an option and it works nicely. It doesn't get me all the way there, though. Thanks for your reply. It helps a great deal.

You know...I had looked for peaking when the drone was powered down and it was not an option. Powered up it is an option and it works nicely. It doesn't get me all the way there, though. Thanks for your reply. It helps a great deal.

When DJI comes out with the cable for the focus wheel on the inspire remote controller, I will be getting one. I tried the focus wheel on my osmo and it worked great. Buy DJI Focus Handwheel | DJI Store

I have already created a mount for it.

IMG_0411.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CandyGolds