Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Student Charged in Stadium Crash

Reaction score
Here's a follow-up on the Inspire crash at the Kentucky game last week...

LEXINGTON, Ky. (WKYT) -
University of Kentucky Police have charged a student with wanton endangerment for crashing a drone into Commonwealth Stadium just prior to kickoff Saturday at the UK vs. Louisiana Lafayette football game.

Peyton Wilson, 24, a law student from Louisville was charged in the case. Wilson was operating the drone while standing outside the stadium when he crashed it into the suite level glass on the south side of the new Commonwealth Stadium. Several fans stood below, but no one was injured.

UK student charged for operating drone that crashed inside Commonwealth Stadium before game

According to campus police, one of the pregame parachute guys had to make "emergency evasive maneuvers" to avoid hitting the craft.

Reactions: Hercules_One
First degree wanton endangerment is a class D felony in Kentucky which carries a sentence of 1-5 years in prison. Also, we haven't even heard from the FAA yet regarding fines. This kid is in soooo much trouble.

how can they charge him with endangerment when it crashed in an empty stadium hundreds of yards from anyone? lol, sounds like BS to me, lawyer up and counter sue, get money!

how can they charge him with endangerment when it crashed in an empty stadium hundreds of yards from anyone? lol, sounds like BS to me, lawyer up and counter sue, get money!

I would think that this, at a minimum, constitutes wanton endangerment:

-->>According to campus police, one of the pregame parachute guys had to make "emergency evasive maneuvers" to avoid hitting the craft.

Reactions: james tulloch
ah, nevermind i think ive got this confused with the crash at the tennis match where the stadium was empty, my bad.

One to five is some serious time for that crime...
I don't think he should be felonized for making a dumb mistake ..
If he flew the drone with the intention of hurting someone then that would warrant a felony charge..
again here is another example that there's already plenty of laws in place to deal with bad drone pilots..

One to five is some serious time for that crime...
I don't think he should be felonized for making a dumb mistake ..
If he flew the drone with the intention of hurting someone then that would warrant a felony charge..
again here is another example that there's already plenty of laws in place to deal with bad drone pilots..

i agree Turbo but remember this is KY. this is where that dumb ***** would not want to do her job and it doesn't matter what her religious beliefs are.

he will need to hire a lawyer. no fly zone if the stadium holds more than 30,000. toss the book at him. I hope the FAA fines him $10,000. Same thing with the guy at the US open.

i agree Turbo but remember this is KY. this is where that dumb ***** would not want to do her job and it doesn't matter what her religious beliefs are.

So are you saying the individual involved is going to be treated more harshly than he deserves or less harshly... based on this "dumb *****"? I think you are saying more harshly.

Guantanamo Bay for life, Water Boarding daily and electroconvulsive therapy to 'cure' him of his bad ways!

I know....I'm getting all soft and lenient in my old age :rolleyes:

he will need to hire a lawyer. no fly zone if the stadium holds more than 30,000. toss the book at him. I hope the FAA fines him $10,000. Same thing with the guy at the US open.

The US Open guy was a teacher at a tech high school and this guy is a law student. 25 and 24 years old respectively. Age is probably irrelevant though. I think the driving motivation if I can guess is notoriety. The same mentality usually manifests with many people after about 6-12 ounces of alcohol. It's a human condition not unique to quad operators.

So are you saying the individual involved is going to be treated more harshly than he deserves or less harshly... based on this "dumb *****"? I think you are saying more harshly.

No I was just making a pun joke about KY. I think that once the DA reviews the case they would possibly change the charge or at worst they will use him as an example.

Ya man..
that's a whole different deal...
I'm not with that ..I'm pro choice. .

Doesn't this mean you would be in agreement with her choices? Unless your talking pro choice in marriage?

I digress like everyone else.

Little duder should be set an example of the FAA has made it clear in many NOTAMs...No flying 1hr before or after a stadium is being utilized.

Doesn't this mean you would be in agreement with her choices? Unless your talking pro choice in marriage?

I digress like everyone else.

Little duder should be set an example of the FAA has made it clear in many NOTAMs...No flying 1hr before or after a stadium is being utilized.
Yout got me there..
yes that was her choice and she should be held accountable for not following the law..
I'm not gay but I don't have any problems with people who are and want to be married. ..
I believe you should be able to do what you want as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else..
If a woman wants an abortion that's her choice ..
I believe in the separation of church and state. .

Reactions: skylabimaging

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexzazz